User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What annoys you about your car?

Quote Originally Posted by Leelu View Post
    if I really had to pick something though, it would be the lack of a mute button. Unless there is one and I just haven't found it?!?!?!?!?!
    You are correct, no mute button, god only knows why its non-existant

I was a little like this at first too SO. It isn't the best but unfortunately, there are so many useless drivers out there that I feel the need to use mine frequently - hence my nickname - Leehoon. Case in point, last night when I YET AGAIN had not choice but to brake quite forcefully while I was on a round-a-bout - when will people learn to use these things properly!!!!!

Apologies for the OFFTOPICNESS rant........I love everything about my car, if I really had to pick something though, it would be the lack of a mute button. Unless there is one and I just haven't found it?!?!?!?!?!
    i just assume everyone else is freaking hopeless at driving and are going to do stupid things, that way im not surprised when they do it! although, they always find new ways to surprise me...
    the gen 1's have a mute button on the steering wheel, has that gone?
    on the left hand side of steering wheel (in a gen I) you have volume up/down, next/previous track, a mute button, and a "mode" button

guess not... hmm...
    what's that button all the way to the left, next to volume do?
    Last edited by SarcasticOne; 16-07-2010 at 11:20 AM.
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

If you press that button you get to chat up a very nice girl

Look in your picture. Far left in the picture in the back ground is the mute button, just press it.
    Last edited by BlueMPS; 16-07-2010 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMPS View Post
    If you press that button you get to chat up a very nice girl

Look in your picture. Far left in the picture in the back ground is the mute button, just press it.
    lol, fair enough
    i have a 2008 gen 1, with a mute button on the steering wheel
    just went looking for a gen 2 picture so i could have a look at it and felt the need to share
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

I use the Play/Pause button as mute, it's the gigantic silver circle on the middle of your dash.

I have a couple of annoyances:

1) The dashboard lighting dims when you turn your headlights on, even during the day, making the instruments hard to read in daylight (with sunglasses on or not)..yes, sometimes you want your lights on during the day, especially in a black car.
    2) The air con recirc butto does not retain the setting you leave it on between restarts and the default setting is "inhale the stinking fumes from filthy truck in fro of you", annoying.
    'oh, that's what that yellow car is for, I thought it was the "you're doing great" light!'

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch2k View Post
    1) The dashboard lighting dims when you turn your headlights on, even during the day, making the instruments hard to read in daylight (with sunglasses on or not)..yes, sometimes you want your lights on during the day, especially in a black car.
    Press the dash illumination stick on the left of the rev counter with the headlights on, instant bright.

I have that problem Scratch. But I have mine turned down real low for night as I hate having them on in my face.

Most annoying things about my gen 1 mps3.
    1. The gearbox. Why did I pay 30k for a car with a horrid gearbox. I mean my 92 405 MI16 with almost 300000Ks on it has a nicer feeling box then mine..
    2. The headlights.... Highbeam lowbeam and fog lights... Wow... I feel safer haging a dolphin torch out the side window... The 6 classic had much better lights then this sadly.
    3. The squeaks... They just seem to be breeding. First it was just the passanger seat. then it was from somewhere else, then inside in instrumet cluster now from the front supension when you go over speed bumps....
    4. The lack of power for 1st and 2nd....
    5. to follow on from that the HUGE drop in power in 2nd gear. Starts going good then just as the turbo kicks in and you hear the air intake sucking it just drops dead and stops sucking all air and it feels like you are driving a horse....
    6. The fact that all my cds that go in the car end out scracthed to hell and unreadable even when I don't hit any bumps or anything..

All in all I still very much like the car, but the gearbox is really starting to kill the joy of ownership for me.
    Now with less zoom zoom

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch2k View Post
    2) The air con recirc butto does not retain the setting you leave it on between restarts and the default setting is "inhale the stinking fumes from filthy truck in fro of you", annoying.
    I thought I was going crazy with this one - so it does reset - the little b*stard

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BradstaMS View Post
    Press the dash illumination stick on the left of the rev counter with the headlights on, instant bright.
    Yes, very handy this is!!!
    GENII 2009 MPS VR POV PACK | TIPS THANKS TO MAZDA3MPS (IAN) | KUMHO KU36 235/40/18 TYRES | PRIMA PAINT PROTECTION BY ZAS | LAKIN CUSTOM PLATES | MPS & OZMPSCLUB.COM BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DECALS (THEY COUNT AS MODS RIGHT?)| WISHLIST...60 DURO REAR ENGINE MOUNT | RIMS PAINTED/GT RIMS

BRAKE DUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cleaning the wheels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The fact it gets dirty and i have to deal with the above!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought I was going crazy with this one - so it does reset - the little b*stard [COLOR="Silver"]
    Mine only resets that if I use Auto mode on the aircon. **** its annoying tho. Result: I never use auto mode ever.

Does anyone ever NOT use recirculate? Who here loves huffing exhaust fumes? Show of hands?

Biblical level of stupidity that feature.

Figure it makes sense to have auto reset -it's a health issue - because if it is left on recirc your interior never gets air that hasn't been recycled through it and only ensures that all the rotten bacterial nasties that build up in your aircon filters and eventually stink like olds socks and blue vein cheese get a chance to thrive.

I hate the reduction in power and torque from the steering wheel angle sensor,
    That ive gotten oil leaks,
    CEL's,
    Floor mats have holes already,
    Having to pretty much come to a dead stop to engage first gear is getting a bit annoying too......

Quote Originally Posted by Cton View Post
    Floor mats have holes already.....

Wow really???

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    i just assume everyone else is freaking hopeless at driving and are going to do stupid things, that way im not surprised when they do it! although, they always find new ways to surprise me...
    the gen 1's have a mute button on the steering wheel, has that gone?
    on the left hand side of steering wheel (in a gen I) you have volume up/down, next/previous track, a mute button, and a "mode" button

guess not... hmm...
    what's that button all the way to the left, next to volume do?
    This steering wheel is real nightmare from my point of view. The cruise functions i do not find are comforta ble to use, i find myself also looking dowen to the buttons for use. For me, the most important function and the one i use the most is cruise control. The sat nav, which should not even be used for setting whilst driving, could have been in the console and cruise control in the nav spots. Our cx9 has the cruise control in that part and it is comfortable to use and can be done without looking.
    Timbo

14 Mazda BT50 xt Boss Kit
    13 Volvo XC60 R-Design
    10 VR 3 Neo
    08 CX9 Luxury (sold)
    09 VR 3 MPS Luxury (sold)

the ****ing rattles

About the SP25, I hate how flat the asspad on the seat is, coming from the Astra, which is angled, so something so flat feels stupid.

Funny the comments about horrible gearboxes. I think mine is really good (especially after fitting the 75duro mount) definately one of the better FWD gearboxes I've used, better than a lot of rwd boxes too, go drive a manual falcon or commodore or transaxial alfa, then you'll know a bad gearbox.

My only real complaints are that I can't quite get the seat rake right, it's either too layed down or too upright for me.

The paint chips too easily

I miss the tray that fits over the spare wheel that the sp23 had. Very handy for stowage.

And of cause, not a fan of the limitations in the lower gears. Should be my choice if I think it's too dangerous

The gearbox is easily fixed with the mount or insert. (i ssadly only just put one in) 100,000 km's of complaining over nothing!

The wheel problem gets worse.....

The standard wheel doesn't fit in the provided space!!!! I had no hope when i popped a tyre on the 20" rims.. lucky I had no luggage.

Approx how much do the mounts cost? Might get that done on my car.

its available in mpsgarage.com.au. Look for the CPE ones...well worth its cost

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast