User Tag List

Thread: JBarone short shift plate & CP-e Xcel Nano SRI (Gen 1 or 2)

Default 3MPS JBarone short shift plate & CP-e Xcel Nano SRI (Gen 1 or 2)

Hi all,

I'm considering the purchase of a family car, so the MPS is going stock (these were actually my only mods!)

Item 1: CP-e Xcel Nano - Short Ram Intake SOLD SOLD SOLD!

Item 2: James Barone Racing Mazda 3 MPS Short Shift Kit ( see link here http://www.mpsgarage.com.au/shop/pro...shift-kit.html
    Item Condition: Like new
    Reason for selling: back to stock
    Price and price conditions: $60 (postage approx $10)
    Extra Info: Also comes with revised JBarone updated parts. Not sure, but I think only for gen 1 (correct me if I'm wrong)
    Pictures: see link above

Feel free to ask any questions

Craig
    Last edited by Murch; 25-07-2010 at 06:51 PM.
    Wheel spin is just a warm up to traction!

hi craig,

im interested in the JBR short shift kit how is the shift on this with it on?

Regards,

Steven

Hi Steven,

The shift is about halved, so it's quite short and sporty. It has a slightly heavier feel (as stock is quite a light shift feel). It's a very easy install.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankai View Post
    hi craig,

im interested in the JBR short shift kit how is the shift on this with it on?

Regards,

Steven

is there any downsides to having one of these installed compared to a short shifter kit? i have heard that changing the weight isnt actually good

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Bankai View Post
    is there any downsides to having one of these installed compared to a short shifter kit? i have heard that changing the weight isnt actually good

Cheers
    Changing the weight simply changes the shift feel - whether heavy or light. It's the driver that has the power over how clean the change is.

As for any downsides, I don't know of any. Maybe ask the guys/gals on here. A lot of them have installed these kits

Price of shift plate reduced to $60. Any takers??