User Tag List

Thread: Factory warranty transfer, how does it work?

Default Factory warranty transfer, how does it work?

Hi everyone.

I'm in the process of buying a car, havent made my mind up, but its going to be a used Mazda 3 MPS. I'm looking for one which has some warranty left on it.

My question is, Whats involved in this process? Do I need to call the dealer to double check if car is still under the warranty..are there any paper involved etc?

Thanks in advance

PS sorry if its a duplicate topic, i have looked for similar ones and couldnt find

Good question as when I bought mine not long ago it was down to extended warranty... Which the dealer organized to be transfered over to me. So best ask the dealer and where you are getting the car from and find out for sure if it will be transfered over to you.

is extented warranty any different from the normal one?

No difference in warranty between standard and extended that I know of.

To get the warranty changed over to your name, you just fill out a slip in the log book and send it to mazda (from memory).

I've done this for 2 cars with Mazda and it was very simple and you don't have to deal with the original dealer.

In regard to 'do I need to call the dealer to check the warranty' I would just check the log books when you are ready to make sure it matches what you uhderstand to be the warranty.
    Red '05 6MPS.

you just fill out a slip in the log book and send it to mazda
    hm..send it to where? where car was bought from or?

Thanks for the info, very usefull. I guess i have to check out the log book very carefuly for that warranty section. ))

just make sure it's extended FACTORY warranty and not extended DEALER warranty