User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 12 hr bathurst armourall 2011 dates !!

Smile 12 hr bathurst armourall 2011 dates !!

The bathurst 12 hr dates for 2011 have been announced 4th till the 6th Feb . Also on the official website the orginisers are asking for car clubs to register as well there will be special privaliges includluding a parade lap for a minium of 10 cars from each club . I think as a club we should be involved I will put my hand up to be there & I know Rino is going.

Col
    Last edited by YOU LOSE; 07-07-2010 at 05:07 PM.
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

Good Boy Col you have more time . But if you can pull sponsors we could be racing the old Gen 1

Quote Originally Posted by 240MPS View Post
    Good Boy Col you have more time . But if you can pull sponsors we could be racing the old Gen 1
    I will see what I can do but $150k is a bit of a ask but I will try mate I could see if Carol will let me sell the house Are the boys prepared to lease the gen 1 to us or do they have other takers .

Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

put a money tin around here lol who would pay to see madaz on the track lol

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

get it to track spec col....

The boys were asking on Friday, they would like me to have a go, they do have other people interested Col so lets see what happens..... They will lease but we will have to pay for at least 3 or 4 race meets 1. Bathurst will be around $35,000 for two drivers and $20,000 per race then you may have to transport it on a trailer which I can do with the Pajero because there truck can only carry 1 car and they don't have a trailer or towbar....

Quote Originally Posted by luke 3mps View Post
    put a money tin around here lol who would pay to see madaz on the track lol

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

get it to track spec col....
    Very Tempting Luke all I would need to do is brakes up grade & r spec tyres & a roll cage, get a big money tin about $10k would do it

Col

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

The boys were asking on Friday, they would like me to have a go, they do have other people interested Col so lets see what happens..... They will lease but we will have to pay for at least 3 or 4 race meets 1. Bathurst will be around $35,000 for two drivers and $20,000 per race then you may have to transport it on a trailer which I can do with the Pajero because there truck can only carry 1 car and they don't have a trailer or towbar....
    I am on it Rino I am talking to TROPICAL NQ TOURISM & SHANNONS about sponsorship at the moment Spoke to the nq regional manager for Shannons at the motorshow ,they are increasing thier sponsorship for next years motor show ,he said he would consider some form of sponsorship package for us .

Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

if u do it col skyes the limit.. targa tasmania

Quote Originally Posted by YOU LOSE View Post
    The bathurst 12 hr dates for 2011 have been announced 4th till the 6th Feb . Also on the official website the orginisers are asking for car clubs to register as well there will be special privaliges includluding a parade lap for up to 10 cars from each club . I think as a club we should be involved I will put my hand up to be there & I know Rino is going.

Col
    This year I had organised a photo shoot with Mazda Australia and the Grand Prix Race Team ,but only Blackbetty turned up with a MPS 6 and Pockets and Team Green, It was a poor turn up and
    embarrassing when the photographer turned up so we canned the race crew coming to dinner that night for lack of interest,so it would be great to give it another shot Col and get a club stand up and running and I can organise Mazda Australia again for another shot at a phoot shoot with the relay battan .

This year I had organised a photo shoot with Mazda Australia and the Grand Prix Race Team ,but only Blackbetty turned up with a MPS 6 and Pockets and Team Green, It was a poor turn up and
    embarrassing when the photographer turned up so we canned the race crew coming to dinner that night for lack of interest,so it would be great to give it another shot Col and get a club stand up and running and I can organise Mazda Australia again for another shot at a phoot shoot with the relay battan .

We can do it Rino need to motivate the other members ,we are both good at that !!!

Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

as was said in the cruise thread, can probably get up there for the weekend, not sure about friday, will have to see how things go...
    what day is the 10 laps of bathurst?
    and would love to see an OZMPSCLUB car going around the mountain

EDIT: found it:
    http://203.98.75.55/~bathurst/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Xl0000002.pdf
    parade lap is saturday at 12:25pm for 40 minutes
    Last edited by SarcasticOne; 06-07-2010 at 04:23 PM.
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    as was said in the cruise thread, can probably get up there for the weekend, not sure about friday, will have to see how things go...
    what day is the 10 laps of bathurst?
    A parade lap LOVE to do 10 laps . Normally Saturday but not sure... No one pointing the finger at you it's great you can make it, just love to get the club shot of a few cars on the web site and on Television

12. Default

the BBster will be there

Col,
    Just for your info, the Sunday is the same date as Bathurst Swap Meeting at the showground. It is one of the larger NSW swaps. This means that accommodation in Bathurst will be stretched to the limit with both the 12 hour and the swap. ADVICE - those who intend to stay in Bathurst - BOOK early, don't leave it to the last couple of months or you will be sleeping in your cars.
    It's Kathy's birthday present every year - a trip to Bathurst Swap a 25 year tradition

Quote Originally Posted by rd415 View Post
    Col,
    Just for your info, the Sunday is the same date as Bathurst Swap Meeting at the showground. It is one of the larger NSW swaps. This means that accommodation in Bathurst will be stretched to the limit with both the 12 hour and the swap. ADVICE - those who intend to stay in Bathurst - BOOK early, don't leave it to the last couple of months or you will be sleeping in your cars.
    It's Kathy's birthday present every year - a trip to Bathurst Swap a 25 year tradition
    Thanks Russell good advise for every one planning to go , Rino has allready booked our accomadation I think he's got me sleeping in the chook shed of the farm house he is staying at that is why we need to be organising the trip now 6 months will go quickly . Also Russell is it a possability to start the baton relay on the 27th of Jan to coencide with leaving Cairns for the twelve 12 hr . are you still holidaying in Cairns in Jan can you p/m me the dates .

Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

Col.
    I was hoping it would start to coincide with my visit to Cairns as planned - Doug was going to post dates etc - last week - he must be busy.

Quote Originally Posted by rd415 View Post
    Col.
    I was hoping it would start to coincide with my visit to Cairns as planned - Doug was going to post dates etc - last week - he must be busy.
    Ok Russell it can leave Cairns on the 8 th as planned we will take it to TSV perhaps it can end up at Rino's in Bris & I will take it to the 12 hr to display the baton only & Rino can take it back to Bris where it can continue it;s journey south .

Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

Doesn't have to leave Cairns on the 8th - that's just the start date I hope. The Baton, I think should be involved in and around Cairns before heading towards Brisbane. So it's pretty easy to fit in the 12 hour, before taking it back to Cairns to continue down the coast.

I thought maybe a BBQ for the start with the local dealer or something just to kick it off.

I'll be there again working and this time for a NSW Team....as the truck driver

Quote Originally Posted by Team Green View Post
    I'll be there again working and this time for a NSW Team....as the truck driver

We wont be lending spare parts again to the NSW team next year ok Dave

but we smack'd ur butts....hehe watch out NSW will be ready and waiting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast