User Tag List

Thread: Aftermarket clutches

Default Aftermarket clutches

I'm thinking of getting a new clutch but need advice on which one

I like the standard one but $$$$$$$$

Any suggestions for aftermarket products?
    Last edited by TUFMPS; 31-10-2010 at 10:55 AM.

I've heard good things about "Race Clutch" - Jim Berry. I've been researching a fair bit as I'm just waiting for the day my gives up and says bye bye.

He builds them to your specification and power requirements.

RACE CLUTCH - Jim Berry
    26 Gladys St
    Stones Corner QLD 4120
    Phone: 07 3847 9999

This guy is recommended from skylinesaustralia website. I haven’t dealt with him myself.

Good Luck!

If you want an off the shelf item, I can vouch for the quality of the Spec Performance Stage 2+ clutch, handles extra power with ease, I have had mine in the car for around 15-20,000kms now. You can import them from the U.S. via www.therpmstore.com

Only I'd hate to think of the price now to import one with the dollar being so crap..

Have heard great things about Jim Berry also.

i made a few enquieries, Exedy does not make one at the moment, they kept giving me the part # for the NA 3, even though i was stating MPS and turbo version etc... There would be other places such as NPC that would be able to make a kit up, but they would need your setup on hand. Kinda makes things hard if your like me and the car is a daily.

Its sux balls cos im hangin to throw slicks under this thing...

Have you tried Aaron at MPSgarage ?, he may be able to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by racebitz View Post
    i made a few enquieries, Exedy does not make one at the moment, they kept giving me the part # for the NA 3, even though i was stating MPS and turbo version etc... There would be other places such as NPC that would be able to make a kit up, but they would need your setup on hand. Kinda makes things hard if your like me and the car is a daily.

Its sux balls cos im hangin to throw slicks under this thing...
    When i was in the market for a clutch, Exedy was willing to make me a custom one, although they wanted my stock one to get the write fitting etc. I wasn't ready to part with my car for a whole week.

So i just bought mine from the US, spec clutch stage 2 same as zoomn. Might be worthwhile to check out PG, as they have racing flywheels & clutche combos now.

2000MN & MS3, how long did you guys get out your standard clutch? Did you replace it because it was worn out or wanted something better?

Quote Originally Posted by kblume View Post
    2000MN & MS3, how long did you guys get out your standard clutch? Did you replace it because it was worn out or wanted something better?
    My standard clutch only lasted me to about 15k i believe. Well basically when my car was being dyno tuned it started slipping. Couldn't take the amount of power we were giving it.

So i was basically left with no choice but to get a new clutch. Getting another standard clutch wasn't really viable at this point, it'll get destroy fairly quickly. Had to go with something a little more agressive.

Quote Originally Posted by kblume View Post
    20-25,000km. To be honest my clutch was fine, the flywheel was stuffed, which in turn was replaced under warranty. Since the clutch was slipping due to the sh!t flyweel I bought the SPEC performance item..... Could've got a new clutch under warranty but since had paid for it.. decided to have it fitted. Great clutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Road Laino View Post
    I'm never drinking again