User Tag List

Thread: MSP3 Stock wheel repair and respray?

Question MSP3 Stock wheel repair and respray?

Soooo I got a buckled rim earlier in the year which has just been fixed. Very happy with the job, the car feels smoooooth again!

But its got me thinking about and looking at my wheels, somewhat in disgust, that they've got so much damage on them. I'm talking about a bit of gutter rash as well as various other nics and scratches caused by who knows what.

I'm keen to get them fixed up but as they are the painted shadow chrome ones that come on the "sports" models I'm wary that it may not be a straightforward task. Ideally I'd like em the same colour again as I think they look fantastic!

Anyone been down this road? How'd it work out?

And do you have any recomendations for places to do the job in sydney?

Cheers,
    Josh.

-------UPDATE-----------

A guy is coming out to guote up the job today. Reckons he can do the repair and painting all onsite without removing the wheels or tyres. Sounds a bit too good to be true to me, but we'll see how we go!
    Last edited by Scaredycrow; 01-07-2010 at 12:46 PM.

2. Default

im keen to hear how it went. I also have a buckled rim which I've been putting off getting repaired. Where did you get yours done? Cost?

My wheels are the standard Gen 1 MPS but I'd like the shadow chrome ones, so let me know how this guysrepair job went..maybe he can do a whole wheel, although I thinkit would need to be coated rather than painted if it was going to last properly.

just had my car in for some insurance quotes. They said that they send the rims off to be done, $150-$200 per rim.

The fixing of the buckle was done pretty cheaply. Mates rates

Not sure what it costs normally, 150ish I'd think.

As for the painting, I've put it off for the time being. I really can't see it turning out well, happy to be proven wrong though!

Have the guys card if anyone wants contact details??

5. Default

Well as it turns out I had tyrepower guys look at it as I had a massive bolt go throught my tyre so it was in getting a puncture repair. The tyrepower guy said the buckle was so small it wasn't worth fixing, so happy with that.

Magoo are ur wheels in for respray to stock?

Heh, a bolt might cause a problem yes

My buckle was also very small, that said I could fell it badly at, uhhhh, "freeway" speeds.

I hope i'm not dragging up a topic that's too old...
    I'm not happy with the condition of my 3's wheels and was thinking about getting them repaired (gutter rash from previous owner) & painted or powdercoated either white or black.
    Anyone in Sydney know where I can get done properly?

p.s. My car is Cosmic Blue and I can't decide on what colour to go with for the rims, any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by boags View Post
    p.s. My car is Cosmic Blue and I can't decide on what colour to go with for the rims, any suggestions?
    Matt Black

9. Default

I agree Matt Black with the cosmic blue is very nice

Ok so i used my mad paint skills create this masterpiece

White V Black

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mazda3MPS2.jpg 
Views:	315 
Size:	36.9 KB 
ID:	5136

I'm leaning towards black but there aren't that many pics out there of cars with my colour with painted rims!
    '07 CB 3MPS

|| Brake Dust || CPE CAI || Cobb TIP || HID Conversion ||

11. Default

go Black ... im sure there are cosmics on here with black rims .. maybe start a thread for them to post pics

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

Here are links to some

Alans not really total black but reasonably black looking http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/handl...tml#post123772

Whiteminx has dark rims http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/membe...-blue-mps.html
    Last edited by blackbetty; 12-08-2010 at 09:25 PM.
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face