User Tag List

Thread: Chiptorque Xede - Suit MPS 3

Default Chiptorque Xede - Suit MPS 3

Item: Chiptorque Xede, Wiring Harness & Wiring Diagram

Item Condition: Excellent

Price and price conditions: $600

Extra Info: Unit is currently wired to my MPS 3 & has been professionally tuned by Chiptorque on 16-17psi with CP-E CAI & CP-E down-pipe. Made 193kw atw. Although each Xede unit is custom tuned to suit your car, this unit will be safe to install & use, and would suit someone that wants the security of having a tuned ECU with the correct map & no boost-cut problems that plans on doing further mods before they get their final tune.

Unit can be wired within 1 hour by following wiring diagram as it is very simple, otherwise Chiptorque or an auto-elec can install.

12.9@108mph with stock turbo & street tyres bitches :P

I LOVE HATERS - They Keep Me Motivated

Why you selling minx?

Looking for more power I'd say

Returning my car to stock...

Possibly interested...will have a think about it and let you know. Would you take a deposit to hold onto it?

Blog Entries

Do it Dan!!!

Yeah that's what I'm thinking Adam, the current tune would be fine with my current mods and future mod plans too.

I would advise against running this with its current tune with your mods Dan, the Xede has been tuned using a cp-e MAF housing, the MS MAF housing is larger in diameter, which would skew the results the Xede thinks it is seeing and adjusting to. Given that the MAF is the most critical sensor in these cars, my advice would be to have it professionally tuned to suit your intake, not trying to stop you from buying it, just being precautious.

Thanks Matt, I'd go to CT to get the tune adjusted. Monitoring with DH to ensure I don't F things up until then should be OK right...?

errr, not really, let me put it this way, a stock MPS runs ~9.5 - 10:1 afr, one of the adavantges of tuning is the ability to lean this out to roughly a 12:1 afr, this is done by reducing the amount of fuel injected in relation to the amount of air ingested.
    A calculation done by the MAF sensor on an stock diameter sized inlet, if you run that same calculation on a larger diameter inlet, the ECU still believes it is a stock sized inlet and fuels accordingly, when in reality the larger inlet diameter is allowing more air to enter than fuel has been allowed for, in short the engine runs leaner than intended and can go boom, before you have even realised that your dashhawk is reading dangerously lean, this is why tuning is done on a dyno, the tuner can focus soleley on the numbers without also having to think about traffic and all the other distractions of road driving. Hope this made sense.

By all means buy the Xede, just dont use it until it is properly tuned with your intake.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

Well said Matt, greedy little pigs these MPS,s, but the extra fuel does assist in running cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhead View Post
    Well said Matt, greedy little pigs these MPS,s, but the extra fuel does assist in running cooler.
    Exactly what ive been told by MRT. The extra fuel helps it run cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPS3 View Post
    By all means buy the Xede, just dont use it until it is properly tuned with your intake.
    It's almost simpler just to grab a CPE intake too...hmm *ponders*

I would never run a unit with someone elses tune on it.. But thats just me, its not worth it.

Buy it and tune the son bitch up

Tune that puppy

Still available. & yes I will take a deposit

Soldddddddddd