User Tag List

Thread: Tapping into boost

Default Tapping into boost

Ok from what I have heard the easiest way to tap into boost pressure (in my case for H20/alcohol injection) is to tap into it at the BPV (the smallest tube right?). I've heard talk that you can just get a t piece from bunnings for an irrigation system etc. and a bit of piping that's the same diameter and away you go.

I was curious if that's really how I should go or if there is a better solution about. I'm also not sure how many mm the tubing and t piece should be. I've had this system sitting in a box way too long and really need to get it in the car!

That would be correct mate..

you can do it off there...

or anywhere on the intake manifold..

if you were bored you could insert a new Nipple on the manifold and run a deidcated hose for boost/vac monitoring/what ever..

Bpv line is fine...

If I was feeding alcohol in I'd tee it off closer to and preferably right at the manifold, and preferably with hard connectors as opposed to rubber line. Alcohol will degrade rubber and some synthetic lines. Last thing you want is alcohol spraying from a burst line all over your nice hot engine!

If you are taking a boost guage line off to it's e-sender unit, then teeing off at the BOV is fine. Cheers.

I think its simply reference pressure to activate the flow of meth.. so it will only be reference air pressure in the line... no alc....

Doc

Yeah it's just to say when to activate the system. Anyone know off the top of their heads what mm the piping is?

4mm i think mate.. I think...

Yes, I figured it might just be a boost initiation line. I was just being careful re the alcohol aspects. I think the pipe is 4mm but just pull it off the BOV and measure it.