User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuel Pump Upgrades what are you running?

Default Fuel Pump Upgrades what are you running?

Ok. i have tested my car thanks to Doc and his Dash Hawk, found its not boost cut its the fuel pressure dropping. so upgrade pump time!!

MY QUESTION IS WHAT ARE U RUNNING in aftermarket fuel pump delivery? Have u had problems? what are you using? or what have u heard i plan to use, Carpe Diem internals...

After reading about some horror stories with those... I was going to go with the kmd v2.1.. However they have dramas too..

Ptp had initial failures from their first batch.. And have only had 2 issues in 280 sales. Their break in seems a little odd.. But there are a lot of people happy with these.

My fuel pressure also took a dive in 3 deg c temps this morning in 3rd.. Can hesitated as it partially closed the throttle as fuel pressure went down to 800 ish psi. I have never had fuel pressure issues, but I have never checked it when it's that cold out.. Colder air needs more fuel due density.

Doc

Seems like a similar prob to US forums ,when u start to add heaps mods. Fuel pump losses pressure at high end.

downpipe and sri... stock tune.. stock boost

car runs like a raped ape.. just is not happy when its 3 degrees outside.. when its 15 degrees C im only seeing it go down to 1500 psi...

very interesting indeed.. as i have only ever logged when it has been relatively warm...

its such a slight hesitation its almost easy to miss.. or mistake for traction control.. as it usually goes off when the TC light is flickering...

Doc

it was felt more in my car be due to teh turbo upgrade. it was misstaken for boost cut. sometimes it was a very smooth drop in power, other times it was a jerk.. 4800-6000rpm+ without fail almost on every gear change even punching teh loud pedal at low rpm as soon as 5000 came up it hit.

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

im gana go the Carpe Diem i think. as i need in within 3 weeks and some shops from teh states are a bit slack when it comes to sending quickly

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

well that said.. if anyone knows of a aussie seller of the PTperformance (PTP) fuel pumps................
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

ptp send them express.. 10 day delivery so they tell me..

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

wanna split the shipping and have two sets sent out at once?

Doc

would probably pick the cpe one over carpe diem, have heard some less than flattering remarks re quality and reliability regarding them, around the traps.

^ so have I.. this is why im staying away from the C D pumps

Without appearing to be a stalker I have a CP-E hpfp for sale all

PM'd

Magoo u are stalking my threads lol ...

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

keen for that Doc....

Will do log for u some time tomorrow Doc

make sure its cold oldhead..

cheers bud

Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    downpipe and sri... stock tune.. stock boost

car runs like a raped ape.. just is not happy when its 3 degrees outside.. when its 15 degrees C im only seeing it go down to 1500 psi...

very interesting indeed.. as i have only ever logged when it has been relatively warm...

its such a slight hesitation its almost easy to miss.. or mistake for traction control.. as it usually goes off when the TC light is flickering...

Doc
    1500 PSI??? Are you running a diesel??? This is impossible for a petrol Doc.
    I'd say the most would be 30-45PSI fuel pressure.
    Keen to hear what measurement it is.
    ___,...--'--..--...,,,
    [__--_;=-o-:iiiiiilll.===
    ``/ /-'|___|;;;;;;;;:

They also offer life time warranty.. ie within reason if your pump bits fail for what ever reason.. .. they will send you out a new set

Quote Originally Posted by Grajy View Post
    1500 PSI??? Are you running a diesel??? This is impossible for a petrol Doc.
    I'd say the most would be 30-45PSI fuel pressure.
    Keen to hear what measurement it is.
    Direct injected petrol engines do infact like direct injection diesels run fuel pressure well in excess of 1500psi. That is why a good fuel pump on a MPS3 and MPS6 is so important.
    CPE CAI, CPE catted DP, Custom 3" exhaust, Heavily Modified KO4 turbo, Upgraded topmount Intercooler, Turbosmart Boost controller (set to 17psi), CDFP kit, Denso ITV22 spark plugs, CPE engine mount, N2MB WOTbox, Eibach prokit springs, Cobb adjustable rear sway bar, DBA 4000 rotors, Falken RT615 tyres.
    Car has made 212Kw's@wheels on Factory Mazda tune (Graham Wests dyno)

Ive never really thought about it but 1500psi + sounds like combustion territory... are you sure its not KPA? or something like that

We should get a Cam Driven Airpump and push 2000psi in to our cylinders instead of a turbo he he :P

Some DI and fuel pressure info from the training manual, for the doubters.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	training_1..jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	26.9 KB 
ID:	4450   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	training_2..jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	18.6 KB 
ID:	4451  

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPS3 View Post
    Some DI and fuel pressure info from the training manual, for the doubters.
    SWEET CHUCK NORRIS!!! WOW!!!
    Ok, I apologise guys. Wow. Thanks for the info. These cars on paper just keep blowing my mind... On the road they tickle me. hehehehe.
    ___,...--'--..--...,,,
    [__--_;=-o-:iiiiiilll.===
    ``/ /-'|___|;;;;;;;;:

lol.. cam driven fuel pump runs up to 1800psi.. the in tank will run up to 50 psi to prime the line to the CDFP.

This car is a diesel.. but it injects 98 unleaded instead.. and uses a funny sparking type glow plug.

Lucky matttttt beat me to reading this post..

Doc

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

that being said.. I have ordered the PTP pump internals...

Seeing very good things from them

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast