User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Fuel Pump Upgrades what are you running?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    nice one ranton.. good pics.. I hope it all works out for you, and you dont have any issues.

Today guys, I installed my PTP internals.. I couated everything in synthetic oil prior to install.

I also spent a good 45 mins cleaning everything out, it was surgically clean, air blown out, then recleaned in fuel.. dried again..then oiled to the hills.

carried out break in procedure.. and have driven it fot about 30k's. have taken it easy.. varying the RPM's, and only boosted to about 5psi.. with no problems. seeing 1700psi fuel pressure under light load.

So far so good.. Ill keep everyone updated

Good luck Ranton.

Doc

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

Ranton.. after closer inspection of your cam lobe, I dont see any reall problems, nothing that a hit with some very fine wet and dry wont fix.. all the way up to 3600 grade.. you should be able to see your reflection in it..

Keep us updated..

For what its worth ive not seen a pump failure cause any damage other than the pump internals thenmself.

Cheers
    Doc
    Have a read thru the Golf GTI CDFP Failure threads.. they have completely rounded off tri lobe cams due to follower/pump failure

shocking stuff really they seem to be able to get revised stronger followers..

will hunt for wet and dry i have about 20 days stand down waiting for my cp-e pump and TIP to arrive (Cheers Daniel for sorting it all out for me)

and when i get my replacement internals from PTP i will put them up for sale.. (cost me 546NZD deliverd )

PTP is a good brand.. i have just had a unfortunate hit.. and have opted to keep with the CP-e theme seeing as i already have the Downpipe and FMIC up in the mix

I havent got their CAI only because i prefered the heat sheilded design of the K&N and the K&N piping also retains the factory pipe diameter just no straightner)
    Last edited by Ranton; 21-07-2010 at 04:09 AM.

I have just run through my break in period.. and the 100+ miles of driving around at low boost up to 5k rpm..

All is good

Gave it a boot full.. held 1850 PSI all the way to redline.

Car actually feels more peppy too..

Good luck mate

And for what its worth, I have read the GTI problems, and there was an initial freak out on Mazdaspeedforums about 18 months ago about this issue..
    Many people pulled things down and no one found any issues.. Thankfully mazda may have made something a little better than VW for once.. just maybe

Doc
    Last edited by Doc; 21-07-2010 at 04:36 PM.

I have just run through my break in period.. and the 100+ miles of driving around at low boost up to 5k rpm..

All is good

Gave it a boot full.. held 1850 PSI all the way to redline.

Car actually feels more peppy too..

Good luck mate

And for what its worth, I have read the GTI problems, and there was an initial freak out on Mazdaspeedforums about 18 months ago about this issue..
    Many people pulled things down and no one found any issues.. Thankfully mazda may have made something a little better than VW for once.. just maybe

Doc
    they have definately made things better than VW just take a look at the mps on a whole.. VW is no so good :P

I hear you..

what break in procedure did you follow?

Guys,

Sorry to hijack.

Had to get the assistance of a mechanic to remove my stripped torx bolt from my hpfp. Lots of hassle

Just noticed today a thread on the US forums with quite a few members dealing with the same stripped bolt issues. I would recommend anyway who is contemplating removal of the hpfp to consider changing these 3 bolts to a another variety (hex etc), to save you the hassle Ive been through.

these bolts do not require much more than a nip, and 1/16th of a turn past that.
    I am confident that this is tight enough, no oil leaks..

Coupled with the fact that these bolts went back together with a good coating of engine oil to prevent seisure.

glad you got it sorted magoo.. did you cut the head off or grind a slit in it?

Doc

I hear you..

what break in procedure did you follow?
    I did the rev hold and then did 200mi of low boost driving..

i dont 100 miles then gave it a flogging..

I done:
    one min idle
    one min 1500
    one min idle
    one min 2500
    one mine idle
    one min 3500
    two min idle
    two min 2500
    two min idle
    two mine 3500

and then three mins for idle 1500, 2500, and 3500 then idle again for a while

then 160k's of frabile 5lbs max boost driving around at 4k like a hoon

Doc

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234