User Tag List

Thread: Dyno tuning in Perth?

Default Dyno tuning in Perth?

Does anyone know of a good dyno tuning outfit in Perth - even just to get a power run done, not necessarily a tune - and one that will accept the 4WD MPS6?

I called Myaree Dyno Tuning this morning and they don't do it anymore. Barries Dyno' gear is being updated and they are out of action. Ditto Bongiorno Dyno Tuning. But he put me onto a guy called John in Roberts Rd in Osborne Park so far. Any others known of?

None that I know of mate, but if you find one, please post it up! Would be nice to have a place that tunes the MPS here in W.A. They're mostly 2WD dyno's which kinda sucks.
    What about www.xspeed.com.au - 18 Zeta Crescent, O'Connor?

2WD
    Dyno Power Run: $77.00
    Dyno Power Run (Shootout Mode): $99.00
    Tune/hr incl. operator and tuner: $175.00

4WD (4WD Dyno Up & Running!)
    Power Run: $110.00
    Power Run (Shootout Mode): $140.00
    Tune/hr incl. operator and tuner: $250.00
    Last edited by rogwick; 28-06-2010 at 02:50 PM.

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

I'm 99% sure that Allstar Garage in Malaga have an AWD hub dyno. Cant remember how much it was for a power run - www.allstargarage.com.au

would be nice if we had someone who could flash tune

Is it just me or do the links (buttons) on "allstargarage" not work? Pretty much half the imaged cars on the home page are AWD, so I would say "false advertising" lol if they don't have a 4WD dyno!

Thanks guys. The "John" spoke to in Osborne park told me his power runs were $99. I'll post his address when I get it.

$99 sound alright. I might have to check it out.

Do you know if its a Hub dyno or a chassis dyno? cos i know another member who got his MPS6 on a chassis dyno but they couldn't strap it down good enough.

---> Just noticed that you have a CP-E Standback PNP... who did you get to tune that?
    Last edited by Toddy22587; 28-06-2010 at 07:46 PM.

TODDY, I can't answer your first question as I only spoke briefly with him - I'm busy and don't have time to book a run just now. When I do I'll get his address. It might be a month or so yet.
    I make my own Standback adjustments. I plot up boost values in cells in XL then run them in a contouring package to check for lumps and smooth them out then transfer them to the Standback, trying essentially to get a set of smooth boost curves. It's not perfect in the absence of a dyno tuner who knows what he is doing, but I'm happy with the way the car runs at present. It starts well, settles to a nice idle, rarely backfires except on long over-runs, pulls smoothly and is very tractable and goes hard when more than the usual conservative wellie mandated by most of Perth traffic is applied. I want to do some informal 0-100 runs too when I can find an empty bit of road and a mate free to handle a stopwatch.
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

I find it very interesting that you have tuned your own car using the standback. I wasn't aware that this was possible and always assumed a dyno would be required. However it sounds like you have done a great job

Once you find that empty road i'd be happy to lend you my dashhawk for the day to help with your 0-100 times. This way you dont have the added weight of a friend slowing you down

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy22587 View Post
    This way you dont have the added weight of a friend slowing you down
    That friend is 6' @ 78kgs though haha! Yes, very interesting about your modification Doug, seems to work a treat then! When we plugged the DH, we had boost values all over the place, ascending over increased RPM but also decreasing on other runs. I advise using the DH for a 0-100 run, probably more accurate than a stop watch and at least you can log, record and compare criteria data such as RPM, BOOST, THROTTLE, SPEED, TIME, etc

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Thanks ROG & TODDY, it's a good thought. I really need to get a DH anyway. Just haven't got around to it. I get busy from time to time so I have a stack of other bits awaiting installation right now, or jobs half done. I've just completed an access port through the firewall to plumb all cabling through and that is as far as I've got before work got in the way, as it so often does, and I can't afford to stand the car down for long. Work is such a bugger, but I guess it pays for gadgets! ;-)
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18