User Tag List

Thread: MPS 6.... Thought id give it a go!

1. Default MPS 6.... Thought id give it a go!

Hi all,
    This is actually my very first Mazda. Thought i would go straight for the best Mazda produced! the Mazda 6 MPS.
    I have had plenty of other performance cars in my time, but from what ive heard and read about the MPS, it sounds like a mighty fine automobile.
    It may not compare in straight line acceleration as my last car, FPV Typhoon, and it may not handle anywhere near as good as a Honda S2000 i used to own.
    But it had Awesome performance, all round, it had Luxury, a great standard sound system.
    I'm very happy with my purchase so far.

....and ive already been looking for a few little upgrades to make a brilliant car into an even better car!

Justin

2006 Pearl White, Mazda 6 MPS.

MPS3 > MPS6 (gotta stick up for the 3's!!!)

what made you sell the typhoon? am rather partial to the turbo 6's in fords, can generate some serious RWKW in those things with just a little bit of tweaking even if the fuel economy isnt that great...
    enjoy the new car and the forums! it's a great community here
    there are a couple of big write ups that people have in regards to mods on 6's here is one of them: http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/membe...ips-ideas.html
    Last edited by SarcasticOne; 27-06-2010 at 05:01 PM.
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Hi all,
    This is actually my very first Mazda. Thought i would go straight for the best Mazda produced! the Mazda 6 MPS.
    Welcome Justin, I like you already

Congrats on the car, you will love it like the rest of us do. Where abouts in NSW are you ?
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

Welcome mate. I love my 6 and am a little partial to Ford 6T as well but they don't feel that special to sit in.

Enjoy it!

Welcome mate and congrats on you're purchase. Not sure on the handling on a S2000 but I assume its pretty good, but throw the MPS 6 into a few corners and she comes out laughing I usually find, unless she wishes to go sideways then no-one is laughing! lol The size of the engine and the turbo puts the Typhoon at an advantage, but again the AWD makes the mazda more of a fun all-year round kind of car. If you wish to look into a few mods check out the members ride section. I have a few mods on my car, but I've gone pretty easy. I wanted to cut down from spending and do away from modifying the internals and the likes. If you want some ideas or just a look click on the "RR" link below in my signature if you wish.

Hope you enjoy your ride and the forums!
    P.S Awesome colour!!!!!!

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Welcome Justin, great car's the MPS 6's Enjoy yours and the forums

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post
    Welcome Justin, I like you already

Congrats on the car, you will love it like the rest of us do. Where abouts in NSW are you ?
    Because of his awesome name??

Hehe, Welcome!

Enjoy your stay, there is plenty of information here for you to sort through! Hope to see you at our next NSW event (When its organised )

Cheers
    Justin
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

hey justin welcome to the forum

Welcome Justin. Interesting that you come from a Typhoon. A good gutsy name for a car. I'm fed up with all the nanny names that cars are given now. Now we get wuss names like Cherry, Sunny, Accord, Symphony, etc that all sound like a variety of biscuit. Whatever happened to Charger, Challenger, Avenger, Mustang, and so on? I think Dodge and Jeep are crap cars nowadays but at least they retain names like Calibre and Nitro.

But I digress.....I spent some time chatting to guys at Turbotech, the main service and supply centre here in Perth - they just love the turbo'ed Fords!! - they told me get plenty in for turbo service as they don't have adequate lube to the turbo spindle and they are very short-lived. You won't have the same issues with the MPS6 as long as you let the turbo cool if you have been running it hard.
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

11. Default

welcome

enjoy the forum plenty to read in here