User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Got a cel! Arrgghhh!

Unhappy Got a cel! Arrgghhh!

Hi All, bad news. I was cruising back from the Gold Coast today, doing a steady 110kmh when the "Check Engine Light" came on.

It's the first one I've ever had and the first one since fitting the new Best Mufflers DP.

Strange that it didn't appear during the track day last week.

I don't have a Dashhawk, might looking at "finding a friend" with one. Can anyone suggest a shop in Brisbane that might sell them...

Anyway, just thought I'd share...
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Sorry to hear buddy. Gen 1 or 2???

How long has the DP from BM been on there for??? I'm about to buy one.

Do you have an intake on as well? if so what one? im currently going through the same process with these shit CELs.
    so thats yourself, Oldhead and me all getting these now. I bet its the P2096 code. thats what me and Oldhead both got.
    We gotta find a way around these. Basically, it sucks to have a CEL.
    I just looked over some older posts. No SRI? Standard airbox? Oh shit! im hoping Doc doesn't need to try eating one of my intakes.
    luckily i got a spare. haha..
    Last edited by Cton; 26-06-2010 at 06:08 PM.

I was just reading your post, cotn... lol

Amazing how CEL's brings us together

It's a GENII.

I've got a standard air box, but has been modified with a rather large hole in the side. Factory air filter as well.

No other changes.

The DP is awesome, so I hope it's not related.

Yes DP is awesome but CEL is a little less awesome! Im still not saying its the DP but we are getting closer. I really wish you didnt have a hole in your airbox!!!
    Then we would know for sure. Depending on the CEL code of course.
    Can you get the code read??? try not to disconnect the battery to reset the ecu until you get it read.
    Im going to go back to my airbox to find out. only prob it seems to take 400 or so klms and mainly highway conditions. so it can take a bit to find out.

Best of luck guys. : D

Just hope that when I do what I have planned, I don't get a MIL (CEL).

Nobody deserves a MIL...

Hey cotn, I'm certain it's the freeway driving that brought mine on. I haven't been on the freeway since the DP being fitted until today.

I can easily temp block the airbox hole. Maybe I could buy Brackaus's factory box as well. I should have one anyway so I can sell the car in the future with everything stock!!

Thanks for the thoughts Grajy.
    Last edited by Yeldarb; 26-06-2010 at 07:09 PM.

We really got to get that code......

What part of Brisbane are you in? If you get stuck I'm happy to assist by plugging my Dashhawk in so you can get the error code. Drop me a PM on here.

Hey Yeldarb, just picked up the post, have a read of my post on Cotns thread ( CEL) I know that u have an altered airbox ,the same as Rino and he has constant CEL,s. Post up your code asap. Bet it is P2096 ,have Talldan read and remove with Dashawk as im too far away.

Also if Talldan can take u for a run and look at LTFT .Then compare with mine.

Pretty sure it wont be D/P , actually i would guarantee its the change in air flow via modding air box.

Hey Oldhead, I truely hope it's the airbox mod. Still, I'm not happy with idea of constant CEL's. If I could buy a DASHHAWK tomorrow I would.

PM'd TallDan.

Bloody gen twos.. Lol

Feel for ya guys... CELs suck big time cause you never know if you should ignore it or if it is actually trying to tell you something important.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Bloody gen twos.. Lol

How much are these Dashawks worth??? They just like a diagnostic tool or somethin'??? With my plans, I may need one soon...
    ___,...--'--..--...,,,
    [__--_;=-o-:iiiiiilll.===
    ``/ /-'|___|;;;;;;;;:

Far out! Another one -_- I'm sorry to hear this, was just on my way to start buying the parts... This is further putting me back... Hope the situation gets resolved!! I do somehow think its related to the intake and not the DP... But it seems like all the gen 2s are getting CEL from both intake + DP but not for just having intake itself? hmm

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Hey cotn, I'm certain it's the freeway driving that brought mine on. I haven't been on the freeway since the DP being fitted until today.

I can easily temp block the airbox hole. Maybe I could buy Brackaus's factory box as well. I should have one anyway so I can sell the car in the future with everything stock!!

Thanks for the thoughts Grajy.
    Hey Brad it won't be the air box because my cel used to come on before i put a hole in my air box, I don't have a DP yet but I do have a sports exhaust and my light as come on 3 or 4 times in nearly 2 years and it has to do with my O2 sensor not coming up to temp, 2 weeks ago it come on coming from Northlakes to Beams rd turn off on the hwy and was on for 4 days and disappeared last friday before lakeside, if you know why it comes on from something like that it's not so bad,but you need to know why otherwise it could be damaging.... Not sure if you have taken your car to Allstar Tuning yet for a play and tune.....

Quote Originally Posted by 240MPS View Post
    Hey Brad it won't be the air box because my cel used to come on before i put a hole in my air box, I don't have a DP yet but I do have a sports exhaust and my light as come on 3 or 4 times in nearly 2 years and it has to do with my O2 sensor not coming up to temp, 2 weeks ago it come on coming from Northlakes to Beams rd turn off on the hwy and was on for 4 days and disappeared last friday before lakeside, if you know why it comes on from something like that it's not so bad,but you need to know why otherwise it could be damaging.... Not sure if you have taken your car to Allstar Tuning yet for a play and tune.....

Hmmm, interesting. Just a sports exhaust gave you CEL's, Jeez.

Like you say, if I know what it is I can live with it. That's the challenge today.

It was the All Star Boys who did the work. Everything has been great so far. If it doesn't clear today I'll have to go see them.
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Hmmm, interesting. Just a sports exhaust gave you CEL's, Jeez.

Like you say, if I know what it is I can live with it. That's the challenge today.

It was the All Star Boys who did the work. Everything has been great so far. If it doesn't clear today I'll have to go see them.
    Just give them a call Brad.... I do

Quote Originally Posted by 3MPSPWR View Post
    Far out! Another one -_- I'm sorry to hear this, was just on my way to start buying the parts... This is further putting me back... Hope the situation gets resolved!! I do somehow think its related to the intake and not the DP... But it seems like all the gen 2s are getting CEL from both intake + DP but not for just having intake itself? hmm
    That's correct. Arden has a cpe CAI with no problems.
    Mrt's tuner thought it may be them both in combination that causes this CEL.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast