User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Got a cel! Arrgghhh!

could well be...

there is also matt and jmac on the same Dp's on gen 1 with no CELS

Dont know if this is correct, told by Mazda Motor sport team that Gen2 engine management component of ecu is same as gen 1 ??.Only diff is that gen 2 is upgraded to handle diff inclusions IE cabin management/ gear box/ Etc.
    So not confirmed via Mazda.

Interesting....
    Last edited by Cton; 29-06-2010 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Misread oldheads post....

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhead View Post
    Dont know if this is correct, told by Mazda Motor sport team that Gen2 engine management component of ecu is same as gen 1 ??.Only diff is that gen 2 is upgraded to handle diff inclusions IE cabin management/ gear box/ Etc.
    They would be getting this info from the new race car they are testing..... I'd say and Graham/Richard knows their stuff has he is the eyes for mazda australia.. Mine hasn't come back now for nearly two weeks would it be from expansion ???? I'm on and off the hwy a lot wierd and i haven't touched mine to go out because I was going to get the boys to plug their computer at lakeside but it disappeared the friday before and hasn't come back.....
    Last edited by 240MPS; 29-06-2010 at 11:52 AM.

bin bing different emissions ....

Hey guys, this is what I think.

This best mufflers DP has not had 1000's of km's of testing by the creator (Chris) on various cars (gen 1 and gen 2) with various modifications (SRI, CAI).

The real testing is happening right now with you guys being the test subjects for this DP.

I believe that this DP was brought to market abit too quickly without sufficient testing by the creator to ensure no CELS.

I suspect he created the DP, put it on a car, did a couple of laps maybe 10-20km's and then NO CEL. So then he thought "Gee I must of gotten it right, lets sell it".

Now a few of you are looking for any other excuse under the sun rather than looking at this DP...

Comparing it to CPE DP which would have 1000's of km's of testing before being released to market, you begin to see things clearly....

From what I understand it had at least 10-15000k's put on the original one. With no CEL's.. no issues. This was on a gen 1 however.

I have had mine on for at least 5000k's as well.

Lets not bash on the Aussie made things here.. its not as though CHris has thrown his hands up in the air, and said 'bugger you farking gen 2 guys'. He will come up with something.

Even oldheads car had a few 1000 ks on it from the road trip on his way back.. no issues. (unfortunatly not the case now)

Appreciate your input.. but even the CPE's had quite a few CEL's on their first and even second revision.. have a read about it

Doc

Hey Jobo . Not looking for excuses ,rather trying to find an answer. Thats the diff. At least we put our money where our mouths are and didnt think that the good old USof A is the god damm answer to everthing.

As doc says have a good look ,CPE had problems TOO, and try getting warranty here in Australia for USA goods.
    Have a nice day.
    Last edited by Oldhead; 29-06-2010 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Type error

Quote Originally Posted by jobo View Post
    Hey guys, this is what I think.

This best mufflers DP has not had 1000's of km's of testing by the creator (Chris) on various cars (gen 1 and gen 2) with various modifications (SRI, CAI).

The real testing is happening right now with you guys being the test subjects for this DP.

I believe that this DP was brought to market abit too quickly without sufficient testing by the creator to ensure no CELS.

I suspect he created the DP, put it on a car, did a couple of laps maybe 10-20km's and then NO CEL. So then he thought "Gee I must of gotten it right, lets sell it".

Now a few of you are looking for any other excuse under the sun rather than looking at this DP...

Comparing it to CPE DP which would have 1000's of km's of testing before being released to market, you begin to see things clearly....
    Sorry mate but i agree with Doc here....
    There is a few gen 1s going around with this DP. Without an issue...
    i was the first gen 2 with this DP, and i was well aware of any risks with the CELs. And was given NO promise. so your "Gee I must of gotten it right, lets sell it". Comment Is a little unreasonable.
    He also wanted to give it bit of a go on my car before other guys especially interstate came rushing to get it.
    And i had NO CEL for some time. How long do you suggest he waited? When people were extremely keen to get their hands on these asap.
    Usually when a CEL is going to bet set off it will do it pretty quickly.
    And like Doc said he doesnt have his hands in the air saying F you guys. hes more than willing to try sort this out. Its not as easy as you might think.... Any suggestions?
    Do you know someone here with the CPE DP on a Gen 2???
    Besides all this, Im willing to spend the time to have this perfected if it means we are going to have some QUALITY Australian product getting about. Not just paying for shipping costs.....

well put.. both of you's

I think jobo is runnging a CPE downpipe at a guess and is flying the fanboy CPE flag.. however Jobo if im worg, I do apologise..

Doc
    Last edited by Doc; 29-06-2010 at 05:06 PM. Reason: doc cant type

Hey Jobo . Not looking for excuses ,rather trying to find an answer. Thats the diff. At least we put our money where our mouths are and didnt think that the good old USof A is the god damm answer to everthing.

As doc says have a good look ,CES had problems TOO, and try getting warranty here in Australia for USA goods.
    Have a nice day.
    Nice one Oldhead.

My reasons for dropping $1200 on this product is support. I can pick up the phone and make a FREE (yay Optus) call to Chris and know he will pick. Add the fact that it's an Australian product makes up the rest of my confidence.

I can't comment on the US product, but I would very much doubt I would recieve this kind of support by members and fellow customers of Best Mufflers. I'm not complaining about the product, I just want to help to improve it.

It's an awesome piece of kit, gives me a smile everyday and so far has thrown 1 CEL, a minor one at that.

Big thumbs up Best Mufflers!!!
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

So that makes all 3 of us with the Best Muff DP Gen 2ers Happy customers either way.....
    Cant argue with that Jobo.

It might be looking for different parameters though, even if it appears to be the same as the Gen 1. Doc's comment on emissions compliance being the culprit could be on the money, the tolerances programmed into the ECU to trigger this CEL are probably narrower than the Gen 1 for the same scenario.

CES had problems TOO
    Hey Oldhead

Can you point me where i can read of CES issues?....Im yet to hear or read of any issues from anyone with a CES system, however i dont know of any Gen II with a CES exhaust mod.

Gen1 or Gen2?

I have had a CES TBE for over 14 months and 35000kms no one CEL here.

Cheers
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

x2 to Nirvandan/Al's comment. Haven't heard any evidence of issues with the CES gear.

As doc says have a good look ,CES had problems TOO, and try getting warranty here in Australia for USA goods.
    Have a nice day.
    Deepest Apologize to CES and all CES customers . This was a typo on my Behalf should have read CPE . Sorry for error /mislead.

Would be interesting to hear from other Gen2's in here with an aftermarket DP other than the Best Mufflers one.

I would be even more interested to hear from a GenII with a CES one

Sorry guys, didnt mean to offend, I take back my comments as you are all happy with the product.

I am a CPE fanboy, have been since day 1 and after reading about how in the US you can buy a new mps and choose CPE products as after market options from the dealer, is an indication of their quality.

I have the gen 2 DP, no CEL.

Maybe the cat on the CM DP is too high flowing (large) and thus dosent come up to temp....just a hunch.

not a worry mate...
    everyone is welcome to their opinion around here. And usually, most have some good info to bring to the table, to sort out such problems.

It makes no difference if you have a cat installed or not with the BM DP, as the sensor is before the cat. This has caused no issues with the gen 1's.. its just the gen 2s are that little bit more finicky..
    Hopefully with a bit of playing around with sensor positioning, and extender diameter and length looked at, it will all be sorted.

Big ups to everyone for supporting the Australian aftermarket community, and not paying a premium for shipping. Rather a premium for quality (just with a crease or two at present)

Night
    Doc

No offence taken, The whole point of this forum is to assist and discuss all areas in a constructive manner,with other Mazda Car enthusiasts.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast