User Tag List

Thread: MPS6 - removal of stereo front panel?

Default MPS6 - removal of stereo front panel?

Hi all, I wish to find out if anyone has removed the small plastic fascia panel with the central horizontal silver trim on it that is situated below the push-button controls and between the two main rotating knobs on the MPS6 stereo radio and CD unit. It measures roughly 12cm x 2.5cm and looks like it might be designed to cover the space intended for for a tape deck. I'm asking so I don't have to reinvent the wheel and more particularly so I don't risk damaging this panel by trying inappropriate methods and forces. And I don't wish to remove the entire player unit unless absolutely necessary.

1. How does this small panel come out without damaging the plastic, if at all?
    2. If it is removable, what lies behind it - is there a void?
    3. If there is a void, is it open to the rear or fully enclosed by the metal box of the radio/CD unit?

Responses appreciated.
    Cheers.
    Last edited by Doug_MPS6; 24-06-2010 at 06:30 PM.
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18