User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MPS 3 - Gen 1 - 2nd gear shifting issues

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    Yea it wouldnt surprise me if its normal, it's just a noise that I havent heard in other manual's i've driven so was worth mentioning.

Backed up by dealers/mechanics repeatedly telling people nothing is wrong, I feel inclined to start believing them now.
    dealers lie
    a good quality 3rd party garage who deal with performance cars is normally your best bet for things like this, there has been times that users of this forum have had issues, taken it to mazda, who say nothing is wrong, then they show them a sheet stating it's a known problem and the dealers turn around and go "oh, yeah, that issue, we'll fix it for you now..."
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Got my gearbox oil changed to the Penrite SYN 75W-90. Also got my corksport inserts installed.

Made a noticeable difference. Shifts have improved alot. Can't comment what it will be like when the oil is cold yet though.

Inserts should arrive this week, once ive got them installed we will see.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    dealers lie
    a good quality 3rd party garage who deal with performance cars is normally your best bet for things like this, there has been times that users of this forum have had issues, taken it to mazda, who say nothing is wrong, then they show them a sheet stating it's a known problem and the dealers turn around and go "oh, yeah, that issue, we'll fix it for you now..."

I would love an example of this mystical sheet. My dealer doesn't think there is anything wrong with my car, although I frequently find it impossible to downshift to first. 1st/2nd CONSTANTLY make noise when I shift. I have told them it could be the oil, or it could be the rear engine mount, but they tell me it doesnt actually make any noise at all.

Thy funny thing is they have rebuilt my gearbox already due to "bearing noise"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123