User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cork Sport Engine Mount Inserts

Thumbs up Cork Sport Engine Mount Inserts

I just installed some Cork Sport engine mount inserts.

Impressions- on idle you can now feel the engine running esp through the pedals its a great feeling , i had problems in teh past 2nd and 3rd gear would feel very notchy and would grind when cold. Since the putting the cork sport engine mount inserts in, every gear is sweet feels like a new gear box! in a corner when off and on the throttle the car does not lurch, much better feel than having hundreds kg's moving around. The only down side is i live up a dirt drive when idling up the road its a bit rougher ride as the engine is now fixed to chasis.

For the price of $55 from mpsgarage its a must mod! good work Cork Sport 9/10 rating
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Blog Entries

Great to hear!! Would be interesting to hear how they compare to an actual engine mount replacement.

Any increased vibrations with aircon on etc?

i would say yes, but have not tested it yet.i have noticed u can feel it at idle now but its not bad. i like to feel/hear what the car is communicating my wife has not complained thats a good indication its not that noticeble...................

Haha.

How much did it improve shifting? Did it make a difference even at low revs?

yes i think it did. still have the old mps shifting 2-3 gear problem but its def improved

Nice write up. I think i'll give them a try too.

well worth a go. gave it a test this morning in the cold 1st shift of the day, shifting at 2000rpm def improvement in all gears..! didnt hear the grind/notch feeling i usally get 1st-2nd when cold..

Tried working the aircon this afternoon it has got a small vibration through the car ( not to bad at all ). Not enough to worry me or change my views on this mount......

you've convinced me. I hate that cold shift, really feels like i'm hurting the car..

Blog Entries

Another converted person on the "engine mount stiffer is good train"...whats the worse that can happen...gearbox fall out?

Excuse my n00bness... But what would make an engine mount improve gear changes?
    I have no idea if that is a stupid question or not.. lol.

Blog Entries

It stops the engine from moving around so much and thus making it harder to select a gear...

think of it as trying to thread a needle on either a bumpy road compared to a a flat smooth road.

Awesome... Thanks...

So sounds like my next purchase is going to be CPE engine mounts and these Cork Sport engine mount inserts as well..

Blog Entries

You dont need the inserts for an aftermarket mount...the inserts are for a stock mount it fills in the gaps to give it the same effect as the aftermarket mount.

Obviously the aftermarket mount will give a better result but the inserts have proven to work very very well!

The inserts seem like better value for similar results. (Going off what I have read)

My biggest concern is vibrations, but i will be giving these a try in the near future.

I would say the engine mount inserts would be a bit softer than cpe engine mount. so if the inserts give to must vibration prob not go the cpe, "plz dont quote me"

Blog Entries

You are correct...the insert only works as well as the mount it goes into...the stock mount is soft so it can only toughen up the stock mount so far.

Ahhh I see... Well in that case, I'll just leave the originals on and get these put in then...

Blog Entries

Good idea and if you feel its still not stiff enough for you then just upgrade to a new mount and sell the inserts, they will go in all Mazda 3s so it would be easy to offload

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast