User Tag List

Thread: Love the MPS

Default Love the MPS

Hi all,
    Ive had a love affair with my MPS for just on 3 years now, and still think she's the best thing on 4 wheels (& occasionally 2!). Affectionately call her "ThuMPS" (from 'the - mps').

I get around a fair bit out in the south-east 'burbs. Would be great to meet some nice ppl who share the passion, & be great to cruise one day soon!

Steve.

Hello Steve and welcome, we all seem to have a thing or two about our cars. Glad you're loving your ride. Have you any mods installed?

3. Default

Welcome Steve great to see another Vic person join the ranks. Its amazing hey after 3 years you love the car more and more ... great feeling

Not yet... it was my search for said mods that got me here.. seems to be a wealth of knowledge amongst members - yourself included from what I've read!
    thinking CAI, DP, reflash..
    so much info available (just in these forums) that I'm currently weighing up all the options.. Even though I get a HUGE buzz from the old girl stock, would be nice to have even more reserve under the right foot.. and besides, I hate it how my tyres last so long (25,000 k's !!).. j/k

This may have slipped past me but was it a 3 or a 6MPS? I find the forums a very valuable source for information and know-how. There's plenty of information and also support for many issues you may have along the way. Located on the bottom of my signature RR (click) you will find a thread of my ride if you wish to browse you're most welcome. It's still a work in process but, the car has had a bit done since stock anyhow. You may be interested to see I have a CAI on mine installed with a slight different touch. There's also a K&N filter, went away from the standard dry-flow paper filter.

I've just recently posted some images of my DP installed if you also wish to view, along with a catback set-up. There's plenty of info on tuning, myself, since there is no tuning in WA haven't experienced much but be sure to search the forums or check out our sponsors for more info and prices etc.

Just for info, I purchased most of my parts through www.mpsgarage.com.au/ so feel free to jump on the website and look at parts, prices and info.

As far as tyres go the stock Bridgestone's aren't that flash and typically do not last very long at all, some members have done under 10K kms and find they need replacing due to poor camber setup, but typically 30,000kms is pushing it on the stockies. A few thread's you may find useful with regards to tyres are;

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/handl...ew-thread.html

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/handl...050s-last.html

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/handl...yre-setup.html

Enjoy!

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Welcome,

I have just put up a thread in the cruise section asking for any interest in a great ocean road cruise. Drop by and put your name down if interested.

@ rogwick - its a 3 (updated profile to reflect this).. & thanks for the tips.

@BlueMPS - will def check it out! Love the GOR - it's like the MPS was built for it - 3rd and 4th gears is all you need, and punching along the twistys is simply heaven!!

Default Mps rehab for turbo junkies u can checkout but u can never leave!!!!

Steve the message is up there we all share the love affair & passion .

Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

Welcome Steve enjoy the forums mate, looks like Vic is hotting up with loads of new members, I look forward to more pics from your next cruise guys

Chris

Welcome!! You have come at a good time with WA certainly getting more and more involved members
    Be sure to regularly check the cruises section for up and coming events, Enjoy your stay!

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/club-...social-events/

Welcome DrBoom.....

WElcome to the forum mate!!! Hope you can join us for the cruise..its been a while waiting but i reckon if it hits off it'll be good.

- one more for a cruise!

hey steve welcome to the forum