User Tag List

Thread: Update maps for Sat Nav MPS3

1. Default Update maps for Sat Nav MPS3

My dealer told me that upgraded maps will be available shortly for the MPS3.

They will not be free with your services, and you will have to pay for the new memory card thing that they use.

He would not give me a price but the way he was talking it didnt sound like they were going to be $10?

Damn it I pick up my brand new MPS next week! I hope it comes with the updated version.

Not that I care all that much for what is ultimately a pretty rubbish sat nav implementation, I would still prefer it not be out of date when I pick it up!

Disagree with paying for update. Press harder ,this should be as per warranty and part of 20000klm ECU update . I would demand NON payment as they can not sell a new car with outdated software ???? Go Hard. Dont be fooled by salesman or greedy dealer.

Surely it costs them nothing.. maybe you can get it off the net
    I know some units just use SD cards for update, not sure about the mazda though.

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    Damn it I pick up my brand new MPS next week! I hope it comes with the updated version.
    Most new vehicles from the factory were updated to Version 16 from March/April so you should be OK. It's written on the SD card (located behind a flap on the instrument panel) so just check it when you pick it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Surely it costs them nothing.. maybe you can get it off the net
    I know some units just use SD cards for update, not sure about the mazda though.
    Mazda Australia must purchase the map updates from Sensis so YES there is a cost. Car manufacturer's do not have the economies of scale that suppliers (such as TomTom and Garmin) of PND devices have so offering map updates for free is not feasible (yet).

Having moved back into a Mazda6 (without Sat Nav) I have put a deposit down for a new Garmin 3790T and have paid an extra $185 for lifetime map updates (up to 4 per year). It would be great if car manufacturer's could offer something similar.