User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stock Engine Mount Installed (again) FTL :(

Default Stock Engine Mount Installed (again) FTL :(

So, after installing my cp-e engine mount --> http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/tech-...installed.html

I've had to remove it - due to excessive metal/metal rattles at idle. It sounded like a 89 Ford Laser shitbox at idle.

The photo attached shows how loose the fitment is - you can see how loose it was, with the adaptor plate on angle against the mount itself.

Left a message for MPS Garage to call me regarding this. Nirvandan advised me he had no such rattles.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CPE Mount..jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	71.5 KB 
ID:	4221
    2015 Audi S3 | MTX | Sedan | Sepang Blue | Sunroof | SPP1 | Assistance Package | BW - Week 17 | Delivery June/July '15... Hopefully...

Help support OzMPSClub - Become a VIP Member today! - Click here for more details...

Im still saving up to get mine. Got bills coming out of my bum at the moment! Hopefully it gets sorted out quickly.

Does it require a spacing washer ensuring there is no gap? We had to do this on my mates 6 when we installed his. The CP-E engine mount was slightly thinner than the stock mount. Putting one or two washers solved that problem. Bolted back into place. Also if the mount is brand new, isn't it rough for a while until the material it is made of settles and wears in a bit?

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    Does it require a spacing washer ensuring there is no gap? We had to do this on my mates 6 when we installed his. The CP-E engine mount was slightly thinner than the stock mount. Putting one or two washers solved that problem. Bolted back into place. Also if the mount is brand new, isn't it rough for a while until the material it is made of settles and wears in a bit?
    There are no washers to go on the inside of the mount. The vibes where fine, it was starting to settle down.

It was more the rattle at idle that was causing the issues. VERY loud rattle - you could hear it excessively in the cabin, on the outside you could hear it too.

The rattle is hard to explain. But it was very loose. You can see from the angle in the picture.
    2015 Audi S3 | MTX | Sedan | Sepang Blue | Sunroof | SPP1 | Assistance Package | BW - Week 17 | Delivery June/July '15... Hopefully...

Help support OzMPSClub - Become a VIP Member today! - Click here for more details...

Hmm, well there goes my idea! Best wait for MPS garage to get back to your or witness another member ride with the same mount installed and see if its the same. Sorry, just thought I would post the small issue we had the 6 mount to see if you had a similar drama. It does look loose in the pic though you're right. Hope you get it sorted

Removed pics : No help
    Last edited by 2XS; 14-06-2010 at 06:28 PM.

Blog Entries

Bugga man!! Not good!! Let us know how you go...going to double check sizes when I go to install mine this weekend.

Heading to Troy's tonite to let him have a gandy at it. Hopefully we'll find a solution!

Aaron from MPSG said he'd contact me tomorrow - he wants to review my email again, and talk to their engineering people.

Quote Originally Posted by PostmanDan View Post
    Heading to Troy's tonite to let him have a gandy at it. Hopefully we'll find a solution!

Aaron from MPSG said he'd contact me tomorrow - he wants to review my email again, and talk to their engineering people.
    Sorry to hear Dan - hope you get it sorted!!!
    GENII 2009 MPS VR POV PACK | TIPS THANKS TO MAZDA3MPS (IAN) | KUMHO KU36 235/40/18 TYRES | PRIMA PAINT PROTECTION BY ZAS | LAKIN CUSTOM PLATES | MPS & OZMPSCLUB.COM BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DECALS (THEY COUNT AS MODS RIGHT?)| WISHLIST...60 DURO REAR ENGINE MOUNT | RIMS PAINTED/GT RIMS

Solution found, with thanks to 2XS - Troy!

Thanks mate, all the way home and no rattles!!!

ie. cp-e mount reinstalled. How I missed it!!!!
    Last edited by CharlieBrown; 15-06-2010 at 10:48 PM.

and... what was the problem? o_O

Dan got so excited he before to mention what the problem was.... In your time Dan no pressure

13. Default

yeh we dont mind being left hanging

Seems like there may have been an issue with the bolt supplied.

We used a different bolt (as the other one had to be sheared off, couldnt undo it...) - Same diameter.

Once the new bolt was put in, retorqued... no problem.

Seems like there may have been an issue with the bolt supplied.

We used a different bolt (as the other one had to be sheared off, couldnt undo it...) - Same diameter.

Once the new bolt was put in, retorqued... no problem.
    So what your really trying to say Dan is you stuff up is that right.

Um, no, not really.

Could be the bolt failure?

I would put bets on the bolt. After all, we couldn't unscrew it. Read above, we had to hacksaw it off. A breaker bar couldnt even nudge it.

Either that or my brother (mechanical engineer) - which I seriously doubt.

First time around, I pulled the stock one out, and he took over when it came to sitting the new mount in place and torquing to 70 ft-lb.

Um, no, not really.

Could be the bolt failure?

I would put bets on the bolt. After all, we couldn't unscrew it. Read above, we had to hacksaw it off. A breaker bar couldnt even nudge it.

Either that or my brother (mechanical engineer) - which I seriously doubt.

First time around, I pulled the stock one out, and he took over when it came to sitting the new mount in place and torquing to 70 ft-lb.
    All good Dan yanking the chain mate ....

Quote Originally Posted by 240MPS View Post
    All good Dan yanking the chain mate ....

Haha

Watch it, he can get feisty
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

User error

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast