User Tag List

Thread: Alpine eX-10 Advanced iPod® Controller with Bluetooth®

Default Alpine eX-10 Advanced iPod® Controller with Bluetooth®

Item: Alpine eX-10 Advanced iPod® Controller with Bluetooth®

Item Condition: Brand new in box

Reason for selling: Had the opportunity to buy more then one when buying for myself

Price and price conditions: $110 plus postage (pickup available in Brisbane, may even drop off to you), payment by cash or bank deposit only.

Extra Info: Handy little device which offers control of the music library from your iPod into your factory stereo, also has Bluetooth handsfree capability (make and answer phonecalls) and can stream Bluetooth audio to your car stereo via A2DP.

Official specs here at Alpine's website
    Alpine Electronics of America, Inc. - eX-10

Pictures:

Hey Dan that looks pretty cool, I might just be interested in that it kinda looks cool. The factory blue tooth I have (I think its factory is prettyshit) and having to plug in my iphone to an output cable everytime in the centre dash is pretty shit.
    Have you got one in your car? If so are you happy with it?

I've got one but it doesn't work perfectly with the iPhone bluetooth because Apple made the iPhone different to everyone else which is why yours may not work with the factory setup too...but it works awesomely with my work Nokia on bluetooth which is what I mainly use it for anyway. I was going to get a Blueant but this for the same $$ with much more functionality was a no brainer.

I plug my iPhone into it for the music and it does a good job with that. I have an old iPod nano which I think I'll use as a permanent car one, but I haven't plugged that into it yet.

Overall it's a good little bit of kit.

Blog Entries

How does it connect to the standard HU Dan? FM or hardwired or something else?

Can the steering wheel controls be used with this? So track change etc?

very interested in this but would also like to know as per above how does it connect to factory HU and can you use steering wheel controls

I dont think the steering wheel controls can be used, this is why it has a control with it....
    and if you check the spec sheet -> Alpine Electronics of America, Inc. - eX-10
    it seems that it connects to the car with a 3.5mm headphone jack.

Regardless, a good buy for 110 considering the fine for talking on your phone with no hands free...

Connects via 3.5mm AUX jack or FM. Can't use the steering wheel controls for track selection but as mentioned above it has a remote control for all the functions, see the top pic.

I run mine through the AUX input, select AUX using the steering wheel controls as well as volume/mute for the volume. If I want to change track, answer the phone or scroll through my phonebook I have the Alpine remote just on the centre console. All the buttons are tactile so once you figure out where they are you don't have to look. If you wanted you could prob figure out another way to mount the Alpine remote control near the wheel.

Buy it and find out the answers to all your questions!