User Tag List

Thread: STI-tuned Subaru Legacy(Liberty) B4 released in Japan

Default STI-tuned Subaru Legacy(Liberty) B4 released in Japan

Apologies in advance for the content of this post!

STI-tuned Subaru Legacy B4 2.5GT tS released in Japan

by Steven J. Ewing (RSS feed) on Jun 12th 2010 at 12:36PM

Subaru Legacy B4 2.5GT tS – Click above for high-res image gallery

We've grown quite fond of our long-term 2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT over the past few months, but we can't help but be somewhat jealous of the STI-tuned Legacy that's just been released in Japan. Subaru's in-house tuning department has laid hands on the new-for-2010 Legacy sedan (and the not-for-U.S. wagon!) to create the B4 2.5GT tS, which features a host of cosmetic and dynamic enhancements, even though the turbocharged 2.5-liter boxer remains unchanged.

Visually, the tS (which stands for "Tuned by STI") gets a new front lip spoiler, as well as a subtle deckled spoiler out back (fixed to the roof on wagon models). New 18-inch alloys wrapped in 225/45-series rubber sit at the corners and appropriate badging is applied all around. Inside, there's a revised instrument cluster, sport seats, carbon trim, a leather-wrapped STI steering wheel and, of course, STI branding on the shifter and floor mats.

Where the tS gets good, however, is in its performance upgrades, which include a sport exhaust system, a more robust Bilstein suspension, and new strut tower bars. Because the turbocharged flat-four keeps its stock output - 265 horsepower and 258 pound-feet of torque - this hotted-up Legacy won't be any quicker on the street. The other tweaks should make it even more poised during sporty driving, though.

While this may seem like just another juicy piece of Forbidden Fruit, we're sure that STI has upgrades for the U.S.-spec Legacy in the pipeline. (Please!) Scroll through the gallery below to see the Legacy tS's upgrades in detail.

[Source: Autoblog]
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

Sorry everyone but I'd thought I'd share what a disastrous looking STi that Subaru have put together, admittedly it looks a little better than the standard Liberty, however what could have been a fine mid sizer AWD turbo beast ends up looking like this

As Mazda have no AWD mid size sedan, Subaru could have had a sales champion if this thing looked more pleasing!!!

FFS when will Subaru wake up a realise, the sedan Liberty needs a boot-lip spoiler!

I agree shakes, the new Liberty is just as horrendous as their new Impreza line.

I do still like their old Liberty STI tuned version

As a huge subaru fan, I am disappointed in the new Liberty's and WRX's. The Foresters are not too bad. However the interior is very average in all the new models.

And that thing looks aweful. Agree with the need for a rear spoiler, the wheels look too small, guards look too big (clearance) and they are not flared nearly as much as they should be and sits too high