User Tag List

Thread: Mps rims

Default Mps rims

I recently purchased a stock MPS 3 rim and tire, it has th original 215/18/45 bridgestone tire in 80% tread. The problem is I never realised that there are different shades in the MPS rims the one I just got is very light colour like the typical alloy colour, yet the ones on my car a like the light champagne colour, I never even realised this.............are there anymore shades?
    So goes to say if anyone is after a standard MPS 3 rims and tire let me know

Blog Entries

I only thought there was 2, the high gloss and the normal silver.

That's is it.. High gloss was for the Sports and the silver for Pov Pack...

You can have my High Gloss ones for a million dollars ...... Not for sale sitting in the room downstairs nice and clean .....
    Last edited by 240MPS; 11-06-2010 at 03:02 PM.

Ok well that would explain it, I just wanted to have a spair that was a mag (although it wouldn't fit in the spare tire well im sure)
    Mine is the sport so thats where the difference is.......oh well

Blog Entries

Yep the base model MPS had the normal silver rims where the sports had the high gloss.

Dwyane, you have the MPS Sport, and they're the rims for it.

They look better than the Pov pack rims!

Yeah I didn't realise there were 2 colours untill the spare one I bought showed up today. I only bought it cause it cost me only 150 with the almost new tire, wanted one sitting there just in case as it has not a mark on it, they don't look anywhere near as good a te high gloss, if anyone needs one let me know you can have it for what I paid

8. Default

but its only a spare right for if you get a flat or something, Id keep it if it fits in the boot ok better than a space saver

Quote Originally Posted by Ski82 View Post
    Ok well that would explain it, I just wanted to have a spair that was a mag (although it wouldn't fit in the spare tire well im sure)
    Mine is the sport so thats where the difference is.......oh well
    You can fit a full size spare, just remove the space saver + foam pad from the wheel well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Road Laino View Post
    I'm never drinking again

how would u secure a full size spare? wont it just bounce around in the back?

Quote Originally Posted by 3mpsblack View Post
    how would u secure a full size spare? wont it just bounce around in the back?
    They sit fine in the wheel well as per 200OMNless's advice above

o ok but how do u secure it with that bolt thing that holds the small spare in?

13. Default

I have an aftermarket 18x8 spare rim and I just went to a place that sells bolts and nuts and things and got a special one which is longer and holds my spare in, they match the thread and such

The new spare I justr got is the 215/45 my tires are 225/40 which means if I was to use it say for some distance I would still need to put it on the back as not to chew the front diff or LSD correct?

15. Default

Im not sure about that sorry Someone will know though. Prob look at picking yourself up a non directional 225/40 cheaply if you can in the long run though

Quote Originally Posted by Ski82 View Post
    The new spare I justr got is the 215/45 my tires are 225/40 which means if I was to use it say for some distance I would still need to put it on the back as not to chew the front diff or LSD correct?
    In an ideal world yeah. But for a few 100 km not a prob. Just swap them around when you can.