User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MRT ECUTEK tune

Default MRT ECUTEK tune

I have now booked my car in at MRT to have a ecutek tune done july 21st,22nd. Just wondered has anyone here got one done by them? i was impressed by the dyno graphs of there cars.

I should point out that the cars are ECUTEK cars. .. only other mod than ecutek tune was the spec exhaust....

not spoken to anyone specifically.. but this would be the avenue I would be taking..
    ECuTek is the ducks nuts of tuning IMO.. that is assuming they have access to similar things like they do in the STI and EVo world

I spoke to MRT few days ago and they also said they offer ECUTEK tune for the new gen! only problem is... i'm in brisbane and theyd prefer my car to be in their workshop for the tune.. They said they "may" do a trip to brisbane... Maybe with enough interest lol anyone interested??

Quote Originally Posted by 3MPSPWR View Post
    I spoke to MRT few days ago and they also said they offer ECUTEK tune for the new gen! only problem is... i'm in brisbane and theyd prefer my car to be in their workshop for the tune.. They said they "may" do a trip to brisbane... Maybe with enough interest lol anyone interested??
    Are you serious? I spoke with them a few weeks ago and they said they cant do the gen2.
    Did they give you any info on pricing?
    YES! its confirmed, its on their website now. Ecutek is now available for 2010.

---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    not spoken to anyone specifically.. but this would be the avenue I would be taking..
    ECuTek is the ducks nuts of tuning IMO.. that is assuming they have access to similar things like they do in the STI and EVo world
    Wh do you think the ECUTEK is so good Doc? (without getting too tech on my ass)
    Last edited by Cton; 10-06-2010 at 09:11 PM.

Haha yea, apparently when i contacted him they were "just" dyno-ing a gen 2 and he just told me Ecutek is available... Didn't give me a price... Told me he preferred to have the car in Syd rather than in Bris as they would like to get their hands on it.. They told me they "might" do a trip to Brisbane, i'm guessing if theres enough interest??

*email from Brett - MRT*

what sort of modifications was done if you don't mind me asking?
    -On the MY10 we are currenty testing and tuning the Factory ECU
    I am however located in Brisbane, not too sure if that will be a problem?
    -It would be best to get the car to us as we dont plan to have the software released or probably 6 months OR we MAY do a tuning trip to Brisbane where we MAY be able to look after you

On side note..
    Theres this guy i subscribe to on youtube that uses ECUTEK and apparently its just like... nuts for STI and EVOs... I can link people if they are interested
    Last edited by 3MPSPWR; 10-06-2010 at 09:31 PM.

I have heard two sorts of reviews on MRT, Great or Terrible.. unfortunately have not heard anything in between, and all the MPS news until now has been terrible.
    For the time being im more than happy to stick with Chiptorque's products.

Only thing is that chiptorque can't reflash the gen 2, and at the moment it's not something they're even working on.
    I'd be willing to give them a go.
    They said pricing is around 1900 for the time being.
    I believe that's a special for the moment. In a few months it'll go back up so add around another $600 to it.
    So it's not cheap....

Blog Entries

I think what is giving ECUTEK the edge over other flash tunes is it unlocks your ECU and gives access to goodies that can't otherwise be tuned, yes?
    Was spoken highly of by the guys @ Allstar....

Quote Originally Posted by luke 3mps View Post
    I have now booked my car in at MRT to have a ecutek tune done july 21st,22nd.
    You drop your car to MRT mate???

Na.. canceled mrt..

Hmmm... Not gonna tune or just not with MRT?

Dont forget that Tunehouse can also do the ECUtek flash tune.

Only found out they are a distributor for that the other day.

MRT is not the only option.

check my signature u will get the way im going .. CP-e

Quote Originally Posted by LittleredMPS View Post
    Dont forget that Tunehouse can also do the ECUtek flash tune.

Only found out they are a distributor for that the other day.

MRT is not the only option.
    yeah i knew Tunehouse can do it.......
    MRT do have access to a gen 2 car they have done fair amounts of testing on though which is nice.....
    Im sure either MRT or Tunehouse would be both extremely capable.
    I went with MRT cause they have done a few of the gen 2s and TONNES of EcuTeK.

i dont think TuneHouse have the licences for the Ecutek for MPS.. however Im not 100% certain..

anyone clarify?

Doc

Well Jim did tell me a few weeks ago that hes able to do a tune on the Gen 2.

hhmm interesting

In the real world ,nothing beats experience to get it right. Good luck Cton.Looking 4 ward to your review.

Our car is the one used by MRT as the test car. We are very pleased with the tune. The fuel economy is better and the power is great. If you need to know more PM me .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast