User Tag List

Thread: Minor issues with Gen 2 MPS

1. Default Minor issues with Gen 2 MPS

Im not sure if this has been brought up somewhere else?
    But I just thought I would elaborate on some of the little issuse with my 09 MPS Lux.

Firstly I luv the car!
    I purchased it in August 09 and it has now done 24 000kms which is probably alot but I dont believe in buying a car to watch it sit in the garage.

Issues Ive noticed
    • Rattle from the front passenger seat
    • Lose seat belt clip drivers seat
    • Noticble creaking from dash when reversing down the driveway onto the road
    • The front seats (seeing as it is the fastest car Mazda make I think RX8 recaros would be appropriate
    • Trying to completely fill the fuel tank can take ages and a million clicks from the pump handle
    • At times Ive noticed 100kms differences in he fuel range when the car was as full as I could get it
    • The price of a dealer service is pretty crazy for what they actually do
    • My satnav is a bit behind the times and is missing some pretty major roads like the whole of the new southern extension of the freeway
    These are some of my little issues just thought I would put them out there to see if others have the same issues or any others to look for?

Cheers

Hey mate a couple of these points have been brought up but can be a little hard to find. I have sourced a couple that may/maynot help you out. In response to a few of your quires;

Rattle from the front passenger seat
    I'm not sure about this as I own a MPS6. I would check under the seat and maybe see if any screws or bolts may be loose. That's all I can think of. Are there any electronics under your seat? Electric seats?

Lose seat belt clip drivers seat
    Again, all I can think of is it vibrating due to a loose screw/bolts or just generally vibrates. Best wait for a reply from a MPS3 owner on that one

Noticble creaking from dash when reversing down the driveway onto the road Try and have a read of this and see if your problem is similar?

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/gener...ings-mps3.html

The front seats
    They're better than the ones in my 6!

Trying to completely fill the fuel tank can take ages and a million clicks from the pump handle
    Do you use this same petrol station all the time and also usually the same petrol bowser? Sometimes the sensor is faulty and causes a cut in the flow. This sensor is used to detect when the tank is full. I suggest using a different service station or bowser. IF that is not the problem, then you may have to pull the nozzle out a bit or at an angle when filling so the fuel doesn't hit the sidewalls and splatter thus triggering the sensor.

At times Ive noticed 100kms differences in he fuel range when the car was as full as I could get it
    I wouldn't worry too much about it. I sometimes fill up and my estimated remaining is about 500kms in my 6, sometimes its 580kms. It depends on where you're driving, what speeds and traffic conditions that has put your economy out. It also depends what time of day you fill up. For example filling up in the morning means you can fit more fuel into the tank due to the fuel being more dense after experiencing lower temperatures over night. If you fill up on a 40 degree day you estimated economy wouldn't be as great in comparison. I usually set my trip meter back to 0 and see how much I get to a tank anyway. Usually around 450kms (still got a quarter left just in case) then I fill up Check out link below for more info...

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/tech-...o-you-use.html

The price of a dealer service is pretty crazy for what they actually do
    Dealers suck for getting services. They cost a fortune and half the time don't actually know what they're doing or simply can't be bothered and tick all the boxes. I would try and find a good reputable mechanic to service your car. Not sure if that affects the warranty but if its a professional mechanic (or company) that might be permitted.

My satnav is a bit behind the times and is missing some pretty major roads like the whole of the new southern extension of the freeway
    My tomtom gets me lost or can't find the place! Check to see if there is a way to upgrade your maps?

Hope that helps you out a bit! "Firstly I luv the car!" - glad to hear it!

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Great to hear your enjoying your MPS!

The following thread may be useful. It contains Warranty Issues/Fixes for the Gen II MPS3.

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/tech-...html#post75677

Seems as though people are having similar issues all over the world, hopefully mazda will fix under warranty or the problem just disappears, lol

The maps get updated when you get the car serviced, next to the screen, theres a little black square, behind that, is where the SD card holding the maps are

Rattle from the front passenger seat
    It comes from the head/back rest of the seat and the position that the actual seat is in. Move the seat far back or far forward and its gone.
    Lose seat belt clip drivers seat
    No comment
    Noticble creaking from dash when reversing down the driveway onto the road
    This is normal. It is due to the twist in the chassis. There should be another rattle (plastic screws tapping) which comes from the front cowl.
    Some double sided foam tape takes care of both problems, the former gets better.
    The front seats (seeing as it is the fastest car Mazda make I think RX8 recaros would be appropriate
    No comment
    Trying to completely fill the fuel tank can take ages and a million clicks from the pump handle
    Ive had no problems. Typically when the fuel light comes on, there is another 14 L left in the tank.
    At times Ive noticed 100kms differences in he fuel range when the car was as full as I could get it
    Ive done 760km on a tank (awesome trip between national forests) and when filling up filled up 58L. I was shitting myself during the trip though.
    The price of a dealer service is pretty crazy for what they actually do
    No comment still at 5000km
    My satnav is a bit behind the times and is missing some pretty major roads like the whole of the new southern extension of the freeway
    No comment