User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tune Done! What Exhaust now? Mazda 3 MPS 2010

1. Default Tune Done! What Exhaust now? Mazda 3 MPS 2010

What Exhaust systems are people using on thier Mazda 3 MPS latest Gen?

upgrade and retune of the factory ECU done, almost 10KW atw everywhere with as much as 12-3ish in places with no mechanical mods... Torque limiting removed for bucket loads of 1st gear to 4th gear fun! (much more than teh dyno sheet hints at)

Now for an Exhaust - Is there anything decent off the shelf avialble?

Interested to see people's thoughts on what works and what doens't?

Who done the tune???

Yeah...
    What tune? And who?
    I'd see best mufflers about a downpipe.
    Or if you don't want a DP.
    Go see him about doing a cat back for you if you just want the sound.
    Did you not consider doing the exhaust then tuning it?
    I have the downpipe and highly recommend it. The cat back won't get the gains of the dp.
    Last edited by Cton; 10-06-2010 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cotn View Post
    Yeah...
    What tune? And who?
    I'd see best mufflers about a downpipe.
    Or if you don't want a DP.
    Go see him about doing a cat back for you if you just want the sound.
    Did you not consider doing the exhaust then tuning it?
    I have the downpipe and highly recommend it. The cat back won't get the gains of the dp.
    I would have thought exhaust (DP) then a tune as well.
    2015 Audi S3 | MTX | Sedan | Sepang Blue | Sunroof | SPP1 | Assistance Package | BW - Week 17 | Delivery June/July '15... Hopefully...

Help support OzMPSClub - Become a VIP Member today! - Click here for more details...

Magnaflow have a catback for the 6 MPS

Best mufflers downpipe..

and get Chris to organise you the magnaflow cat bavk if you want some more noise and a little more power..

youll have to retune it though..

Default Tune Done! What Exhaust now? Mazda 3 MPS 2010

+1 dump pipe.

I've got one of Best Mufflers DP's going in next Friday.

Thanks to this forum (take a bow peoples) I've got a mod time line.

DP, then intake, then (maybe) TMIC then Chiptorque Flash (not XEDE).

This way I only need to tune it once.

Good Luck.

8. Default

Not stressed about tuning at each stage! I know this is often a consideration but I'm not overly concerned about it...

Definately looking to replace what is holding up performance, not what sounds faster so looking for a Dump pipe and replacement CAT...

Thanks for the name and places to follow up! I've got some feedback on a dump pipe but assumes factory CAT etc - Want to do something that rids me of the factory CAT also, hmmmm

From memory CPE sells a catted downpipe, if you include that with a race pipe it will allow you to remove both the stock cats and not throw up any CEL. Should give you a pretty decent increase in exhaust flow and power. Your other option is any dump pipe and then grabbing a high flow cat to replace the second cat, deleting the first one entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by CCM View Post
    Not stressed about tuning at each stage! I know this is often a consideration but I'm not overly concerned about it...

Definately looking to replace what is holding up performance, not what sounds faster so looking for a Dump pipe and replacement CAT...

Thanks for the name and places to follow up! I've got some feedback on a dump pipe but assumes factory CAT etc - Want to do something that rids me of the factory CAT also, hmmmm
    The Best Muffler DP replaces both cats with one very good high flowing one. If you want a DP get one from there....
    Also, How was it tuned? Standback 2? Xede?

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nepharius View Post
    From memory CPE sells a catted downpipe, if you include that with a race pipe it will allow you to remove both the stock cats and not throw up any CEL.
    CPE's downpipe also replaces the mid section. so no need for a race pipe as that part is included in the DP.

The Best Mufflers set up allows you to change out the cat for a race pipe which I bought also. Probably shouldn't have bothered, the cat is huge.

I also talked to MRT only few days ago and they were just looking into things for the new gen MPS! had one on the dyno as he was typing to me haha Maybe a lead for future modders... They did tell me a Ecutec tune is available from them already...But being in Brisbane is going to be a problem for them for now...

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    The Best Mufflers set up allows you to change out the cat for a race pipe which I bought also. Probably shouldn't have bothered, the cat is huge.
    Just out of interest, which workshop did u end up going with to get ur dp fitted??

All Star Tuning at Brendale. Same guys we had the dump day at a few weekends back.

All Star Tuning at Brendale. Same guys we had the dump day at a few weekends back.
    Brad how much for install?

Did I say "dump" day?

Looking at about $600 which will include a dyno run to check the gains. They'll fit an SRI for that price too, but I don't think it will arrive in time. I've installed a K&N panel filter in the mean time.

Did I say "dump" day?

Looking at about $600 which will include a dyno run to check the gains. They'll fit an SRI for that price too, but I don't think it will arrive in time. I've installed a K&N panel filter in the mean time.
    Brad,i would be interested to see your results afterDP. See u at Lakeside to catch up. I would love to see the smile on your face on Friday night.Remember ,take it easy for about 50 to 100klm after D/P fitted. U may see a little smoke ,that is cat burning in .U will also notice a diff smell from exhaust, NO problem.

17. Default

PM - Replied

Tune was ECUTEK (Custom) @ MRT.

Dump pipe being investigated as I type 8-)

Thanks for eveyones direction

Speaking about Tuning.

I was at Tunehouse@Marrickville and Jim the owner told me they can offer tuning for the Gen 2.
    Didnt ask for any specific details thou!

Quote Originally Posted by arden View Post
    Speaking about Tuning.

I was at Tunehouse@Marrickville and Jim the owner told me they can offer tuning for the Gen 2.
    Didnt ask for any specific details thou!
    flash tuning though? Or interceptor style. I'd only really be interested in re-flashing the ecu.
    From what I thought mrt are the only ones who can do a flash tune cause they use Ecutek.
    Chiptorque have also stopped development for the gen 2 re-flash at this time.

Just had a look cotn, MRT can flash a gen 2 with ECUtek.

Very interesting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast