User Tag List

Thread: Brand new MPS3

Default Brand new MPS3

Well, not quite.... Yet.

I have been shopping around for the last month, tested out the contenders and have more or less decided the MPS 3 is the car for me. (With some very strong competition from the Golf GTI) provided the price is right.

As it stands, the GTI is on driveaway from $40 490, the Mazda dealer i've been speaking with has met that and offerred me $39500 for a standard model mps including onroads.

My main quesstion, does anyone know what the dealer pays for a brand new MPS3, I am tempted to tell him if he knocks another $1k off the price then I will put a deposit down this week, but I am not quite sure if I can push that a bit further.

What's the best deal you guys are aware of recently that a dealer was prepared to accept for a Gen 2 MPS (standard model, non luxury)?

I have my Credit Union doing a dealer phone around and am awaiting a reply from them, but in the meantime I am interested to hear what kind of deals people are getting with the end of fin year deals going on at the moment.

Default Brand new MPS3

Hi Reedy, I picked up my GenII Lux for $42999. But I know others have done better. Are you in Brisbane?

In Sydney,

I'm in Brisbane and picked my Gen II pov pack up for $38,300 Reedy, I know others have also done better than this.

This thread may help you:

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/off-t...gen-2-mps.html

Excellent, definitely got some room to move lower. I might throw a $37k offer at him and see if hes happy to meet that or squeeze a little more out of me.

Anyone know how NSW taxes/stamp duty compare to QLD? Should I expect to pay more or less tax being from this horribly bloated state and city?

Cheers for the input, much appreciated.
    Last edited by Reedy; 08-06-2010 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    Excellent, definitely got some room to move lower. I might throw a $37k offer at him and see if hes happy to meet that or squeeze a little more out of me.

Anyone know how NSW taxes/stamp duty compare to QLD? Should I expect to pay more or less tax being from this horribly bloated state and city?

Cheers for the input, much appreciated.
    Just ask for a drive away price with 12months rego.... Not to sure on the different state taxes sorry.. Make sure you have all your extra's that you want like Tint,mats etc before you do anything....

Yea the price on the table includes everything I want, floor mats, cargo tray, ipod connector etc and includes CTP/Rego. Only other expense ill have to deal with is comprehensive insurance.

stamp duty in NSW is 3% of car price + $27 admin fee, (not 100% sure on "admin" fee)...
    but, if it's a "drive away, no more to pay" price, then that should all be included in the price of the car

It is included, but if NSW has higher tax rates then one would expect prices to be slightly higher here overall.

ie:
    RRP in NSW is 42337, in QLD its 42111, Vic is 41954 (According to Mazda website)
    Last edited by Reedy; 08-06-2010 at 01:00 PM.

Price for Gen II should be covered here, remember to check for stickies in each sub forum! http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/gener...gen-2-mps.html

2010 gen II lux pack, ipod integration , mats and personalised plates.

18k changeover on a 2006 MPS sports with 70k on the clock.

please post Gen II pricing here -> http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/gener...gen-2-mps.html

Dont want to duplicate threads.

Any issues please PM me.

Cheers
    Justin
    Last edited by Jmac; 08-06-2010 at 07:21 PM.