User Tag List

Thread: Well I finally did it!

Default Well I finally did it!

Hello everybody,

I finally did it, It was like this, We found out the news, my wife and I are having a baby, thats fantastic and we already have a child under 4, however my pride and joy at the time was a Honda Civic FN2 Type R, a fantastic motor vehicle with an engine that loves to rev, but how are we going to strap two kids in the back, its hard enough with only one so the decision was made, my pride and joy would have to go and I would have to find a car with rear doors too, I put on a brave face but I was devistated to be loosing the Type R, test drove a few cars but nothing really did it for me, as you may imagine not much stacks up to the Honda Type R rocket. Then one day with my wife and child in tow we went to a Mazda dealer and test drove the Mazda 3 MPS Lux. it was a shocking day pouring with rain and all however wife and child along with the car sales man all jumped in, the sales man drove it out the yard and then I jumped behind the wheel, feels nice I thought, I drove it gently the whole time and went back to the yard, the wife she loved the shape of it and said lets get one, we didnt get too far with that dealer, the change over was going to be too Much $$$ and we left. Well now we know what we want, I like the shape and the general feel (Kinda brought me back to the old RX7 I had as a youngster with that bonnet scoop)and the wife loved the shape and the fact it had rear doors. We went to another dealer and the negotiations started, 2 hrs later we were the owners of a demo model Mazda 3 MPS Lux, to be totally honest I thought I had done the wrong thing trading in my pride and joy.
    Anyway delivery day came and we drove the Type R one last time to the dealer pulled up out the front and went in to get our new car, there it was in the show room, wow these do look good I thought, I handed over the keys to the sales man, he went to get the licencing of the new MPS organised and I had alook at the new car when he came back he asked where are the keys for the Honda he wants the trade in guy to check it over, I said right there on the table, but they were gone, the sales man starts looking everywhere for them, they are no where to be found, then I look outside to where the Honda is and no joke, there are about 4 Mazda people all over the Type R checking it out,inside the car, under the bonnet all over it, to say they are impressed would be an understatement, that Honda engineering is fantastic, anyway the sales man calls out and they have the keys so the trade in guy can now have a look, I am thinking at this stage on my God I have done the wrong thing trading in my pride and joy.

We finally get away from the yard with our new 3 MPS and I am driving it easy on albany hwy 60km/hr still wondering if maybe I couldnt have managed a 3 door FN2 Type R and 2 Kids under 4, still thinking did I just make a huge mistake, then stopped at the traffic lights first in line turning on to Roe hwy I thought well lets see how this goes, lights go green, I launched off gently in first (you know new car and all) changed down to second and then foot to the floor, Damn !!! I couldnt wipe the smile off my face, these things pull hard, in what felt like a second I was approaching the 6500 red line(its 8000 in a type R so will be a little getting used to) shifing out of second gear and into third, foot down again and damn Im going to loose my licence if I keep this up, my foot goes off the Gas but there was no way you could wipe that smile off my face these MPS's are insane fun and in that instant I had a new pride and joy. Totally awesome motor vehicles!!!

A totally different driving style to the Type R, the Honda loves to rev and the MPS is just oh so full of Torque, Type R in a straight line is fast and loud, the Vtec kicking in at about 5000rpm is great and you just want to go all the way to 8000 red line, My MPS in a straight line is quiet in comparison, the feel of the turbo is addictive, oh and yes it is faster than a FN2 Type R.

And you all know about the saying that the grass isnt always greener, well in this case it certainly is, Mazda 3 MPS is one hell of a machine and with 5 doors, I love it!!!

One door closes and another one opens
    Nice write up grats on the new bub too

Welcome jnt, great write up, what colour did you get? Look forward to catching up on a cruise sometime

Congratulations on the purchase, Hope to see you on the next cruise

welcome to the forum jnt. that was a cool right up. good to hear u r impressed with the mps

6. Default

great write up and so glad you found a car to put a huge smile on your face after the addictiveness of the Honda engine and the revving loud beast it was. My bf had an Integra Type S and I think had his heart set on a Civic Type R when they came out, I wasnt a huge fan so we didnt get one but I think he still lusts after them every time he sees or hears one.

Welcome to the forum and Im sure you will have a great time catching up with the WA guys
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

to the forum. Your write up actually gave me goosebumps, well written. I think I was also remembering my first "foot down" moment whilst reading it

I'd be curious to hear what your wife thinks of the car, if she's driven it yet?

Enjoy the car - "Mazda 3 MPS is one hell of a machine" says it all really doesn't it
    GENII 2009 MPS VR POV PACK | TIPS THANKS TO MAZDA3MPS (IAN) | KUMHO KU36 235/40/18 TYRES | PRIMA PAINT PROTECTION BY ZAS | LAKIN CUSTOM PLATES | MPS & OZMPSCLUB.COM BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DECALS (THEY COUNT AS MODS RIGHT?)| WISHLIST...60 DURO REAR ENGINE MOUNT | RIMS PAINTED/GT RIMS

A nice story and I know the feeling of selling a loved vehicle! Congratulations on your purchase, I'm glad your happy with your new car! Enjoy!

and i still have the "holy crap that's not the speed limit" feeling after 6 weeks of owning mine, just dont give it a bootful in first when it's raining...
    glad you are enjoying your ride, and yeah, what does wifey think?

Welcome! Great first post there

Whats with all these ex honda owners joining up in the last fortnight?? Max exodus?!

Enjoy your stay, plenty of information here!

Cheers
    Justin

Thanks to everyone for your warm welcome,

Shakspeare we ended up getting Black Mica and because its a demo we were lucky we didnt have to make a decision, all the colours in the range look great and we would have been happy with any one of them.

Leelu & SarcasticOne my Wife loves it, infact cause I got a work car for during the week its my wife who enjoys driving the MPS most of the time, she is the lucky one, then on weekends I get a turn.

RED3VIL thanks for the congrats, we are really looking forward to this next part of our lives with a new bub.

To everyone thanks for the welcome and look forward to catching up on a cruise sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by jnt View Post
    Leelu & SarcasticOne my Wife loves it, infact cause I got a work car for during the week its my wife who enjoys driving the MPS most of the time, she is the lucky one, then on weekends I get a turn.
    YAY!!! Another female MPS driver

Sorry, a little excitable this morning - had some fun on the way to work - "0 to holy crap that's not the speed limit"
    GENII 2009 MPS VR POV PACK | TIPS THANKS TO MAZDA3MPS (IAN) | KUMHO KU36 235/40/18 TYRES | PRIMA PAINT PROTECTION BY ZAS | LAKIN CUSTOM PLATES | MPS & OZMPSCLUB.COM BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DECALS (THEY COUNT AS MODS RIGHT?)| WISHLIST...60 DURO REAR ENGINE MOUNT | RIMS PAINTED/GT RIMS

good to see a wife who has a passion for cars just like her husband
    just dont let her talk to blackbetty or leelu... else you could find your car impounded for speeding tickets....
    [11-06, 09:14] Leelu: I did highway speed this morning but wasn't on highway

14. Default

I currently only have 4 demerit points accumulated

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    good to see a wife who has a passion for cars just like her husband
    just dont let her talk to blackbetty or leelu... else you could find your car impounded for speeding tickets....
    [11-06, 09:14] Leelu: I did highway speed this morning but wasn't on highway

Dibber Dobber

Using my words against me - I'll remember that!!!

Nice write up, emotion stiring. when i test drove mine the dealer came up to me and said ur luke right? here to check out the mps? gave me the keys to drive he jumped in and said its time to get wip lash again . when driving he told me to give it some stick .... AND I DID... car was than mine lol!!!!!
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........