User Tag List

Thread: CEL on stock gen II - 2 weeks after 10000km service

Default CEL on stock gen II - 2 weeks after 10000km service

Hi,

I've just noticed the check engine light turned on for the 1st time. My car is a gen II MPS with about 10,000km on the clock (10,000km service was 2 weeks ago). The car is completely stock in every single way so I was a bit suprised this morning when a CEL came on. I checked the owners manual about the light and it says I should go to a Mazda repair shop as soon as possible.

Any one have any ideas what this CEL could be about? or ha the same thing happen?

Might be a serious problem but I dont know.
    2009 Mazda 3 MPS Luxury | Black

Stock with a CEL? Geez..... there is just no escaping these CELs!
    I have heard loose fuel cap can do it. Not sure if its true though.
    If shes stock id be taking it straight back. They'll sort you out.

+1 Mate. Go and visit your dealership ASAP

funny thing happened this morning, I turned on the car and no CEL. So weird. Might be a loose connection to one of the sensors?

Default CEL on stock gen II - 2 weeks after 10000km service

I had the same problem once, turned out to be "dirty" petrol. Did it happen not long after filling up? Where you on empty?

I filled it up the night before the CEL happened from near empty.

hmm that could be the problem.. for me it was also a day later but i just filled her up before i went home.. then boom CEL.

Take it to the dealer, they should still be able to read the code and tell you the cause.

Mine comes on because of the aftermarket exhaust, O2 sensor doesn't come up to temp. Mine come back on on Monday for the 3rd time in 2 years nearly.. Get it looked at...

10. Default

hey just got my gen2 as well, <1000km so far. i don't have a CEL but ever since the first time i used rear window jets the light has stayed on in the dash.. any ideas ont his one? i will be getting them to check @ 1000km service

Doesnt need water in the washer bottle?