User Tag List

Thread: Has Anyone Here Rebuilt their Calipers (Front and Rear) on their MPS's

Default Has Anyone Here Rebuilt their Calipers (Front and Rear) on their MPS's

Has Anyone Here Rebuilt their Calipers (Front and Rear) on their MPS

I want to pull my Calipers Completely apart prior to Re-coating..

If so where did you source your Re Seal kit from

call your local brakes place - they should be able to source the parts for you in the form of the clips, rubber boots and internal seals - which are pretty generic. If you have your calipers apart, just take the rubbers and seals you need replaced, and get the brakes place to match the rubber parts.

i have always done my rebuilds this way - save buying a rebuild kit at inflated prices.

In most instances, when you inspect the seals, you can usually salvage/re-use them if they haven't broken down due to age or due to use of poor quality brake fluid.

For the fronts, you'll need an air compressor to blow the piston out. For the rears, the piston should screw out, otherwise you can use the air compressor method.

Some links to guides for reference should give you an idea as to what you need to do.

Brake Caliper Rebuild Guide

Brake Caliper Rebuild

To re-insert the rears, you need to screw the piston back in place - needle noise pliers should do the trick here!

I found a website called Allmazda.net which was a complete online EPC of recent mazda parts..

Found the part numbers and got equivalents from my Uncle for free