User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: E85 ?

You can use up to 10L of E85 without tuning for it and as much as 100% if tuned for it, though not recommended due to the pump and relief valve clogging up but between 25% and 50% is the norm. 25% is enough to get knock protection without maxing out the fueling system which most people do on larger turbo's.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    You not versatuned anymore?
    Still using Versatune software mate

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    Cheers

Grumpy

Tuned with
    By Alex...........

Quote Originally Posted by ledfootrob View Post
    You can use up to 10L of E85 without tuning for it and as much as 100% if tuned for it, though not recommended due to the pump and relief valve clogging up but between 25% and 50% is the norm. 25% is enough to get knock protection without maxing out the fueling system which most people do on larger turbo's.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Thanks mate, that was sort of my understanding as well.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    Cheers

Grumpy

Tuned with
    By Alex...........

Cool. Good to know. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys, at United petrol stations they sell E100 which is E10 100 ron (100 octane) ethanol based ULP. I have a MPS6 and have used it 2 or 3 times due to the fact that it is 100 ron and that it is as cheap as or even cheaper then 91 ron ULP saving about 20 odd cents per litre. I am wondering if the MPS6 is compatable with Ethanol based fuels and whether or not it is safe to use in them, there appears to be no info in the owners handbook relating ethanol fuels. once again if they are capable the run Ethanol blend fuels what is the possibility of running them on E85? will they need a retune, larger injectors bigger fuel pump etc that would be usually required or do they have a fuel flex system in their fuel management system?

@Yaji read 4 posts above yours

Sent from my HTC One X

Quote Originally Posted by Yaji View Post
    Hi guys, at United petrol stations they sell E100 which is E10 100 ron (100 octane) ethanol based ULP. I have a MPS6 and have used it 2 or 3 times due to the fact that it is 100 ron and that it is as cheap as or even cheaper then 91 ron ULP saving about 20 odd cents per litre. I am wondering if the MPS6 is compatable with Ethanol based fuels and whether or not it is safe to use in them, there appears to be no info in the owners handbook relating ethanol fuels. once again if they are capable the run Ethanol blend fuels what is the possibility of running them on E85? will they need a retune, larger injectors bigger fuel pump etc that would be usually required or do they have a fuel flex system in their fuel management system?
    Don't know where your getting your 100RON from but I've never seen it even close to 20c per litre cheaper.
    Normally it's a couple of cents.

As I've said a few times, I've done tests on a few different cars, mazda MX5, mazda 3 SP23, mazda MPS 3 and 6, ford Focus ST, Subaru Liberty B4 to name some.
    ALL of them showed the same result, 100RON is a false economy vs 98RON, yes it's initial price was cheaper but cost per km was increased due to worse fuel economy.
    2013 Ford Focus ST - Performance Blue, Cobb AP

Gone 2006 3 MPS Sports - True Red, Koni FSD shocks, in dash OEM look Ebay GPS/DVD, Hypertech, RX8 Rims

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    Don't know where your getting your 100RON from but I've never seen it even close to 20c per litre cheaper.
    Normally it's a couple of cents.

As I've said a few times, I've done tests on a few different cars, mazda MX5, mazda 3 SP23, mazda MPS 3 and 6, ford Focus ST, Subaru Liberty B4 to name some.
    ALL of them showed the same result, 100RON is a false economy vs 98RON, yes it's initial price was cheaper but cost per km was increased due to worse fuel economy.
    False economy maybe when it comes to fuel consumption, but believe me, not when it comes to performance. You have to be properly tuned to reap the benefits off course, otherwise you will just be wasting your money............but enough of P100, there is already a thread containing all that info, this is for E85 baby.......
    Cheers

Grumpy

Tuned with
    By Alex...........

cheers guys, yeah I found the thread about Neumans 100 ron after I posted on this one Oops! anyway thanks for the feedback. I had read the thread but was not sure if being completely stock, weather I was able to run E10 100 ron. obviously a tune to suit would make a big difference and economy on E10 is reduced as it is further done by E85, but it was the performance vs harm to my engine factor that was my main concern. BTW it was cheaper for E10 100 ron than 91 ron ULP last time I bought which was around 20cpl cheaper than 98 ron ULP and unbelievably E85 was significantly cheaper again at the pump at around $1.40 P/L obviously less economy but far more performance it was very hard to believe. Both of my brothers cars run E85 lucky bastard one a specifically tuned WRX with 1000cc injectors and a Bosch 440 pump to suit with 350Kw at 4 Wheels 620 Nm and the other a VE commodore with fuel flex

Ran my 135i on 30-40% e85. Made good power and ran cool.

Exhaust had a funky smell )

11. Default

I'm running 30% e85 on my mazda 3 mps... Fully bolted with stock exhaust (220kw atw dyno... None of at vd shit lol) goes well, runs smooth but I get 350-380km a tank... But it worth it.

12. Default

ok my eyes are blurry from reading so much about e85. It seems i can go try a modest mix (10-15%) in my stock BK tomorow! And can go up to 25% provided I tune for it. And seemingly no issues with stock components (relief valves, injectors, fuel pump etc) unless you wanna go over the 25% mark?! Too good to be true. God bless the DISI.

Quote Originally Posted by rocker21 View Post
    ok my eyes are blurry from reading so much about e85. It seems i can go try a modest mix (10-15%) in my stock BK tomorow! And can go up to 25% provided I tune for it. And seemingly no issues with stock components (relief valves, injectors, fuel pump etc) unless you wanna go over the 25% mark?! Too good to be true. God bless the DISI.
    I wouldn't go over 10% e85... And it won't do anything for you without a tune, so no point
    And it's 50% e85 before issues start happening (this could change soon)
    But, I'd put in a hpfp upgrade before doing so, extra fueling demands mean you're more likely to have hpfp crap out on you...
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Yeah what S1 said. I am tuned for 98octane PULP and have a second tune for E30 blend. I noticed some good results on the 98 tune using United P98 fuel which is an E10 blend and still 98 octane. Agree go HPFP upgrade first.

15. Default

When United stopped the p100 around my area in Sydney they replaced it with straight 98 no e10 blend and it is dogs piss, i was hoping they were going to replace it with an e10 98, these engines love a splash of eth.

Quote Originally Posted by ozynigma View Post
    Yeah what S1 said. I am tuned for 98octane PULP and have a second tune for E30 blend. I noticed some good results on the 98 tune using United P98 fuel which is an E10 blend and still 98 octane. Agree go HPFP upgrade first.
    Quote Originally Posted by shaneski View Post
    When United stopped the p100 around my area in Sydney they replaced it with straight 98 no e10 blend and it is dogs piss, i was hoping they were going to replace it with an e10 98, these engines love a splash of eth.
    Shaneski is right, I was wrong, P98 has no ethanol as far as I can tell from United website. I used to run the P100 mixed with E85 to make E30. I will have to up the mix of E85 now. The funny thing is I ran a tank full of P98 a few weeks ago and got a big economy improvement over the BP Ultimate 98 I normally run. It was only a once off so its a bit hard to draw too many conclusions.
    CX7 - The younger, taller and sexier replacement for the MPS6 and the first car designed around the MZR DISI
    2007 CX7 2.3 DISI AWD Ice Blue | HID's | ETS TMIC | Cobb XLE BOV | CX9 20" wheels | 245/50/20 Scorpion STR's | CS HPFP | CX9 Brakes | Pedders Sports Ryders -40mm | CS Turbo | JBR 3.5" WPI | Cooling Mist WMI |Versatune

FYI even for those running 10%e its worth checking your hpfp every now and then, and monitoring pressure. Mine gunked up and tanked after running p100 for a year, then switching to 98 for like 3 months. Cleaned the spill valve and its all better.

Sent from my tf700t using Tapatalk

18. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    I wouldn't go over 10% e85... And it won't do anything for you without a tune, so no point
    But, I'd put in a hpfp upgrade before doing so, extra fueling demands mean you're more likely to have hpfp crap out on you...
    Even 10% has to slightly increase octane in mix and provide knock protection aye? But point taken re tuning providing the real gains. re:hpfp ive got the CS internals which will go in soonish, was hoping to tune for a ~25% mix at this point.
    Regardless of the above issues, i think its pretty dang cool we can run e85 without all the bs other car owners go thru with seriously upgraded fuel systems.

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    What do you know Sam? What could change? Spit it out.
    Cheers

Grumpy

Tuned with
    By Alex...........

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    What do you know Sam? What could change? Spit it out.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1424726919247.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	14.8 KB 
ID:	17205
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast