User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: E85 ?

I have started to look into this a bit more as I am real keen on making the switch to E85 once a few more servos start installing pumps.

First things first you need to log the injector duty cycle and see if the standard injectors will have enough flow to support E85. From what I have heard the standard injectors in the MPS are running at less than 50% of thier total flow capacity, so if this is so it will hopefully mean they will be suitable for E85 once the tune is adjusted to suit.

Will let you know if I find out any more info.

Thahks racebitz looking forward to more information

Any more info on E85 racebitz? I have a mate who owns a E85 SS bommadore who swears there is quite a substantial increase in power/torque when running E85.

There's a whole bunch of people in the US that are trying this but with no luck.

From what I can remember, i think it was the seals in the injector kept wearing due to the e85 roughness and they weren't consistently able to keep up with the high flow? And there was also a mix up in the MAF readings due to it .... If someone has read it more recently feel free to correct me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

would be keen to seen e85 used with an mps, my mate has an evo 8 mr with e85 and it ****ing rips. stinks like shit though.

Here are some links to a couple of skyline blokes who are experimenting with E85 and getting some good results. Seems like the main problem is the availability of E85 and the % of ethanol that varies from station to station and season to season and altering Fuel/Timing/Boost to compensate for it.

E85/98 Flex-Fuel Mission Complete! Thanks To Chequered Tuning! - Skylines Australia

Joeyjoejoe's E85 Tuning Adventutres - Skylines Australia

Don't even think about doing it with an MPS, the amount of work required is not worth it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    Don't even think about doing it with an MPS, the amount of work required is not worth it at all.
    tell that to the americans
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    Agreed. Too much work. Plenty of other things you could do.
    We are driving around in FWD hatchbacks here. Fun cars no doubt. But they are sure as hell never going to be a Time Attack contender.

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    tell that to the americans
    The US gets crap fuel in comparison with us. So maybe for them it makes more sense.
    If only we could get the Fuel japan does....

Quote Originally Posted by raymondato View Post
    would be keen to seen e85 used with an mps, my mate has an evo 8 mr with e85 and it ****ing rips. stinks like shit though.
    I love the smell, Very sweet smelling.
    Cars with no cats running ULP smell like shit!
    Had:
    Mitsubishi Evolution III ~12.0@114mph~
    Mitsubishi Evolution VII ~12.8@106mph~
    06 MPS 3 True Red
    Now:
    ~07 Ralliart Colt ~14.85@96mph~
    ~2010 Velocity Red Luxury MPS 3.
    3" CAI, K&N, Race pipe, Silicone Intake pipe, Custom Intercooler heat shield, LED Conversion, Gloss Black Wheels.

11. Default

I am running a 50/50 mix of e85, in my car and all I can say is the torque is stupid! Will be going on the dyno soon but Virutal Dyno is putting me at 315-330hp/ and a quarter mile calculation gives me 324hp. Anyway the e85 tune is the only thing I have done to convert and have been running for 4000 miles now with nothing but a big grin on my face. A few guys are running 100% but being winter and on snow tyres I prolly will be going back to my 93 octane tune because I break the tyres free in fourth gear on dry pavement. I'll keep you posted on any progress or ills with this mod. MSF has a section dedicated to e85 Phate,Silvapain,and Dano are exploring this uncharted area.
    >>>>>>First Amphibious Pu<<<<<<<<

All mods removed and waiting for a 2013 CWP Tech

CorkSport>> Coilovers with Camber Plates,FSB,RSB,Endlinks,SSP,FMIC (large core), Rear Chassis Brace Set,Front Tower Bar, interior light kit,Racepipe, Catless DP,SPC Camber arms,
    JBR >> Sperical knobage with K.C.R. Mod!,Fully mounted
    Matt D. OCC ,Autotech HPFP
    Volk TE37's 17x8.5 40mm wrapped in Dunlop Star Specs 245/45

Mason Dixson Raceway: 13.092 @ 107.5 mph/ 1.85 60'
    Atco Raceway: 13.1 @ 109.45mph/1.99 60'

we have 98 octane fuel here in australia
    also for the lazy people: 330hp = 247kw

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    we have 98 octane fuel here in australia
    also for the lazy people: 330hp = 247kw
    American fuel is rated in AKI (anti knock index)
    Australian fuel is RON (research octane number)
    93AKI = 98RON

As others have said don't do it unless you have/ are planning other supportive tuning fuel mods!!!

My bros about to 100% covert his R34 Skyline Track car to E85………… but by no means is there one standard component left in or on his car..... Or is it driven on the streets as a daily!!!

Like your thinking and to be unique but there's a lot more to it than simply "filler her up @ the servo"

I know, I know, HOLY THREAD REVIVAL............

I must say that I am so enjoying some of the old comments in this thread, we sure have come a long way since then. I am currently looking at a E85 tune with the guru, Alex of Stratified, and got advised to run 15L of E85 per tank.

I was just curious, what percentages are you guys running atm?

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post

I must say that I am so enjoying some of the old comments in this thread, we sure have come a long way since then. I am currently looking at a E85 tune with the guru, Alex of Stratified, and got advised to run 15L of E85 per tank.

25%
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

17. Default

If you are running united p100 that's already 10% with e85, so less e85 wil be neded for e30 or 25

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post

You not versatuned anymore?
    //BNR3//HDI FMIC//HTP 3" intake//
    // Ecutek tune//CPE DP/ HPFP//
    // Tein performance street Coilovers //
    // Whiteline RSB// 240kwATW bum Dyno //

19. Default

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    You not versatuned anymore?
    versa is same as AP for adjustments and tunes for the most part

Inyetsting, Rich is suggesting I go with 50%. This will just be a track tune anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast