User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: cp-e 75 duro engine mount installed!

Default cp-e 75 duro engine mount installed!

Well, goes to show almost anyone can do it.

With a little help from the younger brother (supplied ramps, few extra tools), and Leelu (supplying a few more tools) installed my 75 duro cp-e engine mount.

Relatively easy install, and feels so much better to drive. Feels like the car is "more on the road" and the power is getting to the ground better.

Totally worth it.

For instructions, I followed this link Installation of 60 duro cp-e engine mount.
    2015 Audi S3 | MTX | Sedan | Sepang Blue | Sunroof | SPP1 | Assistance Package | BW - Week 17 | Delivery June/July '15... Hopefully...

Help support OzMPSClub - Become a VIP Member today! - Click here for more details...

Sounds good. My 75 Is sitting in the lounge room ready to go in in a couple of weeks when I get it on a hoist.
    Look forward to feeling the difference!

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

Hows the vibrations ???

Vibes are there when you take off from lights, notice them more with the air con.

I don't find it all that bad really.

I drove Street Road Laino's before he sold his - he had a TRZ in his... I think it's similar. That said, I don't mind it.

The vibes will settle down a lot more than the TRZ ever could, I only get very minimal vibes at idle with the AC on, the TRZ on the other hand was terrible.

Best mod eh Dan... the vibes should settle though might take a little longer with your 75 duro. Overall this mod is worth every penny. Enjoy!!

Good to hear you are liking it.

I was starting to get worried I was a male from a different planet after reading many reviews of people no liking it due the vibrations even with the 60 duro

Nancy boys

trz is pretty hardcore..

75 CPE after its broken in... is not much more vibes than stock
    75 duro when you first put it in.. vibes a fair bit... 1000ks later.. youll be smiling (initially your girlfriend/wife may be smiling more than you)

haha nice mate i jus did mine too! great mod hey, sooo ez to install jus need jack stands, torque wrench n socket set bobs your mothers brother!

Quote Originally Posted by PostmanDan View Post
    Vibes are there when you take off from lights, notice them more with the air con.

I don't find it all that bad really.

I drove Street Road Laino's before he sold his - he had a TRZ in his... I think it's similar. That said, I don't mind it.

Hmmmm vibrations . I noticed them, but also liked the way the car drove.

Ps. It was Leelu driving though not Leehoon!!!

Offtopicness warning****** I want my clutch to feel like yours Dan
    GENII 2009 MPS VR POV PACK | TIPS THANKS TO MAZDA3MPS (IAN) | KUMHO KU36 235/40/18 TYRES | PRIMA PAINT PROTECTION BY ZAS | LAKIN CUSTOM PLATES | MPS & OZMPSCLUB.COM BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DECALS (THEY COUNT AS MODS RIGHT?)| WISHLIST...60 DURO REAR ENGINE MOUNT | RIMS PAINTED/GT RIMS

Blog Entries

Great to hear!!! I still have my AWR mount sitting on my desk waiting to be installed...so not motivated at the moment nor do I have a hoist or jack stands ect

11. Default

Im thinking of getting the CPE from mps garage whilst they are on sale.
    Thanks for the review. Now just the old debate 60 or 75

Go the 75, I've been told it'll settle. Even after around 80km I've done thus far, it seems to have bed in more.

I do think I need to retighten the bolts again.

The power does feel like its getting to the ground a whole heap better - thats a given.

13. Default

thanks Dan,

I emailed them today they only have the 75 in stock, looks like thats what i will have to get.

I do alot of highway k's and i do get caught in sydney traffic. she will be right.

Mine is a few thousand kays old now.
    Took a couple of hundred km to settle down. It was shocking to start with.
    Now you only feel it when you take off and sitting idle and the A/C kicks in.
    To drive, the differences are hard to explain without experienceing it. You notice how much the engine moves around before and it feels more responsive. The other ting I've noticed is that my car seems to wheel spin much more and less wheel hop under hard acceleration.

Sometimes the vibrations can get a bit annoying, but you will probably get used to it (I have)
    there are more positives than negatives. It would only be really bad if you do a lot of stop start driving at very low speeds (around 1000rpm)

how much do you all reckon it would cost to get a mechanic to install it ??? I have no tools and ramps soooooo yep only option !

Surely it couldn't cost too much. It looks pretty straight forward!

Otherwise ask a mate to help you out if they have some car ramps / stands.

Quote Originally Posted by kookie View Post
    how much do you all reckon it would cost to get a mechanic to install it ??? I have no tools and ramps soooooo yep only option !
    It's easy as pie mate.

I found it really easy - 5 bolts, rip the old one out, wack in the new ones, retighten bolts!

Doneski!
    2015 Audi S3 | MTX | Sedan | Sepang Blue | Sunroof | SPP1 | Assistance Package | BW - Week 17 | Delivery June/July '15... Hopefully...

Help support OzMPSClub - Become a VIP Member today! - Click here for more details...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmanDan View Post
    It's easy as pie mate.

I found it really easy - 5 bolts, rip the old one out, wack in the new ones, retighten bolts!

Doneski!
    What torque did you re-tighten the bolts to?
    Not Gone...just "busy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Road Laino
    It's not blue screen of death Kent, it's Auora Blue screen of death

Yeah, you would need a torque wrench to do the job properly

Quote Originally Posted by tricache View Post
    What torque did you re-tighten the bolts to?
    Its 75ft-lb. Equates to 94.9nm. We had a torque wrench when we did it.

Thoroughly recomment retorquing after say... 2weeks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast