User Tag List

Thread: 2007 Mazda 3 MPS acceleration problems!!!

1. Unhappy 2007 Mazda 3 MPS acceleration problems!!!

I recently picked up an MPS and noticed when accelerating hard, the car tries to jolt to one side and I doubt this normal! Has anyone had the same problem or have any theories why it would do that?

Blog Entries

Torque steer if you're on the juice too hard is expected. I'm not sure that's what you are describing, but in low gears, low speed you'll be experiencing it planting the throttle. Progressive throttle application is the go rather than mashing it. If it's not torque steer someone would need to experience it to figure it out.

welcome to the world of high powered FWD cars =)
    although, ive experience torque steer in a corolla... it's just more prevalent in high powered cars

Either that or Check your Tyre pressures are even and your wheel alignment is sound

What area are you from? Welcome!

IT may just be torque steer which is normal (mentioned above).

If you are local to me we can check it out and see if its normal.

IF you are from Sydney there is a cruise on tomorrow which may be a good opportunity to have a look!

Hmmm

if its torque steer you talking about.

Once you learn how to use the torque steer in corners, you'll love it

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    Hmmm

if its torque steer you talking about.
    yup.

9. Default

Yea gathered it was but wasn't expecting it to be that much of a difference. O well its going fine so loving the change from the RWD. Are there any recomended tuners around ringwood area in vic that could tunes/mod these ?

10. Default

Not in ringwood mate but try mrt apparently they have some ecu upgrades now

I got my exhaust installed at Ringwood performance exhaust and I think cletusb did too. We both own the 6 though and supplied the parts. Maybe worth having a chat to them now that they have had a look at some MPS cars. At the very least they have done two installs on the more difficult car so should have no problem doing yours. My car was the first they had ever done and it took them 2 days to do it. Although they only charged me for the first day because otherwise it was going to cost a lot more than the quote.
    As for ECU tune HPF - Latest News is the only know place in melbourne that can tune your ECU. Other choices include grabbing a haltech/xede/standback and having someone tune it. Check out grayj dyno graph, he got an extra 20kwatw from the tune.
    Although all this will probably make your torque steering worse, esp if they remove the limits on boost in the first two gears. So maybe hit the gym to get arms like tree trunks just to be on the safe side.