User Tag List

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Damn!!! Got a CEL.

Default Damn!!! Got a CEL.

So my car threw a bloody cel this morning.
    Had these mods for around 2500 kms. Thought it was all fine.
    Don't know where to start now. Gotta get this code read somehow.

2. Default

what mods ?

where are you in sydney i have a OBD11 reader. I travel to sydney a few days a week for work. (im from newcastle)
    i wont be able to have it with me in sydney till early next week

Blog Entries

Yep what mods...what was your last one?

I had a intake on my car for a while and only got a CEL after about 2 weeks, just took a while to develop so to speak.

Was it a dump pipe install?

I've done corksport Sri/ intake. And dp about 2500 km ago. Thought if it was going to throw a cel it would have done so already. I've sorted out to get the code read this arvo.

Blog Entries

Once you get the CODE let us know...it will shed some light on the problem.

It could be something as simple as a loose hose clamp, seems to be a common trend that the Gen 2's are a bit more sensitive to change, be sure to let us know how you go, plenty of us have Dashhawks if you need codes read and cleared.

Hey Cotn, sorry to go on, but what type of DP is it? I've ordered one out of Sydney from Best Mufflers and hoping it doesn't throw cel's either!!

Good Luck with the search...

P2096.
    Post catalyst lean.

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

He also said it has negative fuel trims. So it's lean and trying to throw more fuel in.
    Last edited by Cton; 03-06-2010 at 04:56 PM.

Blog Entries

Running lean could be the intake playing up but weird though its being picked up back in the cat area.

How long ago was the intake put on?
    Try switching it to the std intake?

Intake was 3000ks ago.it's reading post cat lean. So 2nd sensor on Dp. Damn CEL!

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

Ok, so the code was cleared and it hasnt come back on yet. although i havent done 10 kms since having it cleared.
    Any recommendations on what i should be doing now. Do i just wait for it to throw another CEL? Not really what i want to do.

Shit

sorry to hear this..

Negative fuel trims means it pulling fuel.. as in removing a little.
    This would attributed to the intake.. and as long as its not huge.. is not a big deal.. My car (as well as everyone else's ive seen) pulls fuel when everything is stock.

It is very strange for it to happen so far down the track... considering oldhead has driven more K's than you and had had no issues.

How long had the car been sitting since it was started last?

Doc

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

P2096 doesnt seem to be a normal "hey ive got a DP" code..

and its odd it came on instantly when the car was started.. with all this rain about I wouldn't be surprised if you got some water in your plug of the o2 sensor.. but thats just a guess.. Ill keep thinking

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

P2096 Target A/F feedback system too lean

honestly it sounds like a damn air leak to me..

Chris suggested water too....
    I ddnt go through ant big puddles when i last drove it.
    Dont think it was even raining.

Double checked my code book P2096 Target A/F feedback system too lean and refers to the fuel system and sensor 2, i dont totally agree.

Maybe have a chat to chris @ BM and he can perform his 2nd o2 sensor trick....not sure if boosted cars and NA cars are the same in this department but my car did this after the headers were put on.

The problem was the 2nd 02 sensor and it not coming up to temp in the exhaust gasses after the cat (and out side mazda ecu perimeters) due to the high volume free flowing exhaust. I assume this is the case with the new DP flowing much quicker than OEM.

From my understanding the 2x o2 sensors measure temp and o2 level between them and if value difference = X -+10% ecu is happy if not it throws a cel to inform you the cats are not working, all to do with the emission controls.
    Last edited by A Pirate; 03-06-2010 at 05:37 PM.
    MAZDA 3 SP23 : XFORCE : EIBACH : WHITELINE : AUTOEXE : CORKSPORT : KMAC : TWM : AFX :SCANGUAGE 2 : XHP : KUMO : CARBON PRODUCTS : AERO BODY STYLING : BLAUPUNKT : INFINITY : TOMTOM : SPARKSECRET.COM : MONZA : AERPRO : JBS Customs : FHRX EARTHING KIT : DYNAMATT : UNIDEN : RFI : iPOD : STINGER : REDLINE Tuning :

SUBARU FORESTER MY10 XT-P
    : TCP AUTO : HYPERFLOW : PERRIN : WHITELINE : STi : BREMBO : BEATRUSH : TURBOSMART : LENSO : PULSE RACING TUNE @ 182 AWKW

Ill go double check intake is all tight. It has good t-bolt clamps on it all.

this is not a cat temp code.. this is a lean code..

its an odd one.. and doesnt make a great deal of scene..

maybe its time to get a dashhawk?

haha. i would already have a dashhawk if i had a pc. Damn!

no need for a PC you can setup the dashhawk with its own user interface

Id recommend getting one.. then we can work out whats doing

do check all your intake and BOV hose connections.. ive seen so many lean codes from this

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast