User Tag List

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Damn!!! Got a CEL.

Sell the intake and by a CP-e one and hope it works

Stock airbox and inlet back in. Shit its quiet!
    Had to do the inlet too because the rocker cover breather is on the inlet of the corksport setup, and on the airbox section of the stock one. So without plugging one of them off i had to change both out.
    And from pictures ive seen i think the CP-E has the breather on the intake, so if i get that ill need to get their inlet too, or maybe plug the corksport inlets rocker breather hose hole off.
    what an expensive intake setup this is going to turn out to be.........

just plug it up... reuse the TIP.. get yourself a CPE one with the slightly smaller diameter housing. Hold onto your corksport one for a rainy day.. keep the filter so you can swap and clean later..

Maybe you can but the CPE without the filter to save some money

CPE already ordered.
    Yeah, Gonna get the TIP breather welded up so i can reuse it.....

good plan

CPE SRI installed today. No TIP at the moment though. Its off getting the breather welded up.

Keep us posted re your rampant CEL . Fingers crossed this time. Good luck.

On my way to Wakefield...
    50km from track and cel is back on!!!
    Came on after a stop for fuel. This is with cpe intake. Shitbox!

Same thing happened to me on my Track day. Travelling approx 80klms and CEL came on. P2096 (RUN LEAN) Deleted cel and after slalom run cel reappeared, deleted again and for the balance of track day did not reappear??????? Very weird. IMO this cel is directly attributed to SRI ,there is no other reason .

Seaton u have swapped two diff SRI and i can only conclude that the ECU in the GEN2 are extremely sensitive ,the MAF in both gen 1 and gen 2 are i believe identical.
    The engineer for Grand prix Motorsport discussed with me this prob and he is of the same opinion. My car is going to them for a tune and we will see if we can resolve issue.

Oldhead, the gen 1 + gen 2 have different stock maf housing sizes.
    I spoke with mrt today, and their head tuner hooked up his computer and looked through some stuff. He beleives it could well be the downpipe. He said the o2 sensor needs to be in the exact same spot as factory. If it's after a cat on stock dp then it needs to be on this one. As well as in the airstream and not on the extended elbow. If I've gone to the cpe intake which is smaller diameter and it's still there it does make sense! I'm going to get an ecutek tune. If it's the intake the problem can be tuned out. If it's the dp sensor it can't. So I need to figure this out 100% first.

mrt is full of shit

print off the service manual and go and slap them with it. Show them what that code means in Mazda speak.

There are guys getting around with CPE intakes and still having CEL issues remember
    Its not the DP..

Put your stock airbox back on for a few weeks.. if the light comes back on ill eat your inatke
    its not just a simple maf diameter.. bingo no problem.. I wish it was that simple

removing the stock airbox removes the fwd restriction on the intake.. thus lessening the negative pressure (ie slightly less negative relative to stock) in the intake pre turbo..
    This may be mucking around with the maf config tables.. but im only guessing.. im not really up to speed with the gen 2's

Get yourself a dashhawk and all will be revealed. No more guessing.. no more idiots at car shops blaming what they clearly do not understand.
    You will see your LTFT and then we can put this to bed

I need another beer

Good luck

Doc

Doc im in agreement ,firstly my original CEL,s where prior to D/P . My Current LTFT are running av of +3.5 . On the day of my last CEL i was on highway at 110klm for approx 80klm monitoring fuel trims and they where +3.5 so therefore im adding fuel . When i stopped at roadworks at idle for approx 2 minutes up came CEL. P2096 .
    I have to beleive that this is due to MAf sensor monitoring air flow. Hence me organizing tune .

Appreciate your input.
    Last edited by Oldhead; 25-06-2010 at 09:51 PM.

id love to know what the LTFT trigger point is for a CEL on these cars..

anyone know.. or care to chase it up on the yanky forums..

oh hold on they are frightened of the dashhawk over there... hhmm

Doc

He did say 'AF target lean'
    And didnt say its 100% from the DP, but its what he put his money on. After running the car looking at some things he said that the 2 sensors are not agreeing on the same thing.
    Also he noted that they have measured negative pressure with the stock airbox and beleives thats its so much not a restriction on the gen 2 that on a tuned car unless you want the noise of a SRI it would be outweighed by the cold air the Airbox receives. and i do like the noise.
    Ill just have to go back to my airbox for a while to find out what happens....

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Get yourself a dashhawk and all will be revealed. No more guessing.. no more idiots at car shops blaming what they clearly do not understand.
    You will see your LTFT and then we can put this to bed

I need another beer

Good luck

Doc

Unfortunately the Dashhawk wasnt much help in identifying the codes description, I cleared the initial cel from Seatons car yesterday using mine, the code was cleared without issue, however the DH reported the fault as an unknown error, it did still list the actual code, it was just unable to give its usual description.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

howd did the fuel trims look at idle and partial load?

Is this a question for me or Matt?
    Cause i got no idea, sorry Doc......

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

Ohhh shiiiit!!!
    Yeldarb got a CEL today. i believe he has no intake on.
    im hoping your not going to need to digest a MAF housing Doc.

shit

unless he is seeing a different code mate

I dont see how your original code can have anything to do with the DP

Is it safe for me put my airbox on without disconnecting the battery and resetting the LTFT's?
    cause the cel is still on for now. should it go away if i put the airbox on and its an intake issue? or does the CEL need to be removed via the OBD2 or ecu reset to go away?
    im hoping Yeldarb can get his code read..... although i did just find out he has a big hole in the side of the airbox.

Cotn, disconnect battery , put std airbox back on. Car will need to be driven for some klms to adjust ECU. This is only way of eliminating poss causes.
    Your LTFT will automatically adjust .

Yes u are correct Yeldard has had a 2 1/2 inch hole put in airbox. New airbox is more costly tha sri.
    Im on Docs side (ITS the bloody changed air volume ) going past MAF sensor.

All three cars ,after highway driving are getting this CEL ,it seems as though when we all slow down or stop????????????? Got me rattled.
    Last edited by Oldhead; 26-06-2010 at 10:36 PM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast