User Tag List

Thread: Driver Side Engine Mount

Default Driver Side Engine Mount

hi how do i tell if this is now needed to be replaced...i am getting extra vibrations, my steering feels loose, clunking from driver side suspension, and the gear changes are really sloppy, clutch pedal is making noise and it seems very down on power...does this sound like an engine mount or something else??

when i go to replace the mount, should i just get a stock one or should i replace with an aftermarket one..the thing is i really don't like vibrations so if there is an aftermarket one that will work better with minimal increase vibrations i'll get it...

thanks

too hard to arm chair troubleshoot..

take it to a trusted garage and let them have a look

the stock drivers side mount has fuild in it - you will notice leaks from it so check it first. This is how i noticed that I needed to replace mine. I went OEM instead of aftermarket of this part, as I wanted to keep some sort of refinement in the cars NVH.

otherwise take it to a mazda dealer to get it looked at, then make a decision about what you need to do to fix your problems.

from the above, it sound like more than an engine mount - like what Doc says, take it to a trusted garage and have it looked at.