User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: insurance for Modded mps ?

"Merged post Toddy22587 and rogwick"

Both Rogwick and myself are with AAMI. They aren't the smartest people to deal with but they will give you insurance. They didn't cover some of my aftermarket parts but they allow you to have them on the vehicle.

Just a few tips on dealing with AAMI. If you list something like Downpipe as an aftermarket part it doesn't come up in their system so they cant cover it. but if you say $2000 of exhaust then its not a problem. Same with CAI, it wasn't on their list so i now have a $500 airfilter!! Its best to call them instead of using the online quote so you can work your way around their system

- - - - -

Way to look after customers! That was quiet a funny read mate about the obesity and blaming spoons...classic! Sounds worth while to take both cars off and seek insurance else where. For your Toyota if its fairly standard maybe try AAMI. The online quote is free, just punch in your info. For the Mazda you could try AAMI as I am with them with mods and so is Toddy. Just a heads up, they are a bit clueless and air-headed. I've already spoken to management about issues with my policy and myself, girlfriend and Toddy were all told different information based on the same car within half an hour. Their prices are good though and may accept your mods as they did our 6's. Fail to that maybe try Just car. They WILL take you, but will cost a little more. Again, its an online free quote quickly with Just car too

Online Insurance Quotes - Car and Home Insurance Australia - AAMI

Online Car Insurance Quote Terms - Just Car Insurance
    Last edited by rogwick; 09-07-2010 at 12:00 PM. Reason: same information

Nice hijack of my post Rogwick!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy22587 View Post
    Nice hijack of my post Rogwick!!!
    No worries! I just posted mine and yours popped up at the same time and I realised we pretty much said the same thing! Which is bad news for AAMI cause we both agreed they're not particularly bright! We both mentioned each other in the post so it was worthy of a merge.

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

playing with your new staff features i see.

PS. you can drop by later to collect your b'day present

Merry Birthday ROG, and congrats on your new role in staff!

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy22587 View Post
    playing with your new staff features i see.

PS. you can drop by later to collect your b'day present
    As long as I do not catch your illness that is rendering you unfit for work today, yet you're still on a computer! lol Thanks Doug and good luck with the insurance, maybe drop back a post on here when you finalise your insurance and whom you decided on, may help grizzly out if he has not settled his insurance issues yet or is unhappy with the annual payment/service. For now AAMI seems ok for what you pay, even if you have to tell them three times.

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

JustCar seems to have reasonable price....and no problems with mods as long its legal

I was just car but now with aami. same shit cheaper bucket lol. i'm 950 annual with aami was 2500 with just car.

Im with AAMI too....just list what you've done to the car & as long as its legal & on the policy . $642 & i renewed it today.

I got an online quote yesterday from Shannons, yet to be discussed with them by phone, of $826. Of course it's hard to compare all these quoted premiums without knowing what value folks are insuring for and what mods they are adding. I stated $23,000K + external and engine mods, as listed. But this rate is exactly the same as CGU were charging me before they decided they didn't want my custom any longer.

BTW, It's staggering how the value of the car has washed off for 2005 MPS6's. I called my local Mazda dealership for their approximate wholesale book price, which was stated to be "high teens", then added a bit for good measure. I tend not to turn over cars too often, and this is why - it gets to the point where it makes far more economic sense to hang onto a decent car that you will get nothing for if you sell it, and it will cost a bomb to get into a new set of wheel that most of the time isn't going to be as good or perform as well, especially in the case of the MPS6. If Mazda had produced a new version I might consider it, but I only have 45,000kms on mine anyway, and it goes like a rocket. I'd have to start modding all over again to get a new car to where this one is at already!

Same with my 1997 40th Anniversary Landcruiser which is mint condition with only 160,000km on it. It's parked up 90% of the time. People keep stopping me in the street or car-parks and offering to buy it. But I need a 4WD, and I'd now only get maybe $20K for it, and I can't replace it for anything else nearly as good without paying $70-100K.
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

i got mine thru nrma at 20 and it cost 1800 with a 1000excess. and now im 21 with a 1500 excess and it cost me 1400
    agreed value of 30k and windshield option included

STEVIE - all I can say is Wow! $1800 smarts a lot, as does the excess. A elected a $250 excess and I have an AA No Claim Bonus rating. Guess this is age-ism in reverse, eh?

Ok - all done. Insured with Shannons. Value $23000. $300 Excess. 65% NCB. All mod's noted. Garaged, driven daily. Private use. Premium $706.29.

WOW only $23,000 have the prices really come down that much? When i did mine (6-9 months ago) i got an agreed value of over $30,000. Rating 1 NCB, windscreen cover, hire car, rating one protection and it cost me about $1000

TODDY, Hi. I called my Mazda dealer and asked for a "ballpark" value based on 45,000km on a 2005 model - that would naturally be a wholesale value from them. They reckoned "high teens", so I added a few thou for insurance. If I advertised it I'd go for mid $20K's based on what I see for sale in the local rag. I was pretty peeved to wash off around $30K in 5 years, but I keep cars for ages anyway so eventually the devaluation ceases to be particularly relevant to me. Could be a lot worse......could be a SAAB!
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12