User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's Up! New Member in the Hills District

Default What's Up! New Member in the Hills District

Hey everyone!

I have just sold my 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer as I decided it was time to upgrade to a turbo! (my mind was officially blown the first time I drove it!) As sad I am to see it go, I think that the excitement of picking up the new MPS far outweighs it!
    I have bought a 2010 MPS Luxury in the Aluminum colour which I'm hoping will be ready to pick up tomorrow afternoon. (the wait is killlllling me!)
    It'll be awesome to get ideas for mods (I'm sure there will be many!) and general info about my new baby.

Hope to be able to get out to meets/cruises and meet everyone!

Ryan

2. Default

Welcome Ryan, good choice in car, looks good in that colour

We are having a cruise this weekend to Bowral for lunch check out the cruises section, you can bring your new toy down to help run it in, they say the best way is a mix of all trype of driving nice mountain runs etc ... perfect

Ryan,

Congrats on your new purchase!!! Aluminium was up there for me when I bought mine but I decided to go with VR once I'd seen it in the showroom!! I bought a Pov Pack in December last year and haven't been able to wipe the smile off my face ever since!

Enjoy the forum, everyone is really nice and super helpful so you will have no worries with advice for your mods!!

I hope your new beast is ready for you tomorrow

Enjoy the ride
    GENII 2009 MPS VR POV PACK | TIPS THANKS TO MAZDA3MPS (IAN) | KUMHO KU36 235/40/18 TYRES | PRIMA PAINT PROTECTION BY ZAS | LAKIN CUSTOM PLATES | MPS & OZMPSCLUB.COM BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DECALS (THEY COUNT AS MODS RIGHT?)| WISHLIST...60 DURO REAR ENGINE MOUNT | RIMS PAINTED/GT RIMS

Hey Ryan, Welcome to the forum. One more sleep mate

Enjoy! As BB said we have the cruise on this weekend which is the perfect chance to meet quite a few other members!
    Our biggest meet for some time

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Enjoy! As BB said we have the cruise on this weekend which is the perfect chance to meet quite a few other members!
    Our biggest meet for some time
    and keeps getting bigger
    welcome, enjoy the car!!!

G'day mate and welcome to the Forum. Congratulations on your wise purchase of a stunning vehicle. I'm sure you will enjoy it...when you get it. Have you got any mods in mind already? You're right there are many mods you can do, and owning a turbocharged vehicle always gives added options for increasing both power and torque of your prized ride.

Typically the guys and gals on here have plenty of info from mods, to faults/problems, how-to's and plenty more. Be sure to check out the forums as they prove very helpful as does the community itself.

To get you started in response to your quote "It'll be awesome to get ideas for mods" as mentioned you have many options. All depending on how much you want to spend really. Ideally there's plenty of juice to be squeezed from the motor so the first thing I would suggest is where you want to be when you've finished modding your ride. So it gives you a good idea of where to start and where you expect to end. Some ideas inculde...

CAI or SRI - modifying the intake will give you an awesome sound and also a nice induction system . A great start to producing more HP

Downpipe - these can be pricey but installing this part should give you a great increase in power. Other than intercooler, upgrading the turbo, or getting a tune, this is probably the biggest increase in power for a single part.

Exhaust - In association with the DP (If you decide to get one) an exhaust will give you a great sound to your ride. As far as power increase goes, I would say the maximum gain would be left at the DP. I've got a sort of 'T' piece into two mufflers on my 6 which I had redesigned to compliment the 3" madrel I had put in too, which in the end give a better flow through the whole exhaust system.

Intercooler - The MPS runs on approximately 15PSI boost. If you were to look into upgrading the existing TMIC and getting a larger one, or alternatively get a FMIC and up the boost to compliment any other performance mods you have.

Tune - I don't know much about getting a vehicle tuned as mine has not had it done. Plenty of the fellas on here have had a tune and it would arguably be the greatest power increase to be made to the vehicle in a single mod. It can be pricey though.

BOV and others - you may want to look into a BOV or BPV as the stock one is a simple plastic member. As a better option a BPV would probably work better but if you desire the typical BOV modded turbo cars have then that's up to you.

Creative mods - I like this one. It gives you a chance to make your vehicle unique. Guys have painted the rims, new rims, modified the badges, de-badged, painted callipers, decals, upgraded HID's, alternative park lights, sound systems etc etc to name a few.

A great start mate would be to chase up the friendly community at the next cruise and have a show and tell conversation with members.

Again, welcome and hope that helps you out a bit! Enjoy the ride

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Hi Ryan and welcome aboard....

Congrats on the purchase.
    Get a CAI as your first mod...u wont have any regrets.

Quote Originally Posted by arden View Post
    Congrats on the purchase.
    Get a CAI as your first mod...u wont have any regrets.
    Quick question Arden, have you had any problems with puddles and CEL. I've got a CAI on my MPS6 and so far all good, but a mate had issues and a CEL come up the last rainy day. I've got a guard plate on the wheel arch now that I'm hoping helps a bit

M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

i've heard SRI is better than CAI =S

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    Quick question Arden, have you had any problems with puddles and CEL. I've got a CAI on my MPS6 and so far all good, but a mate had issues and a CEL come up the last rainy day. I've got a guard plate on the wheel arch now that I'm hoping helps a bit
    had mine since march and havent experienced any probs with my cp-e when drivin thru puddles. But im always paranoid on the sight of any large poolings of water especially along the side of roads during heavy rain.

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    i've heard SRI is better than CAI =S
    I would say they're pretty much the same. Each have different opinions. To some extent the SRI could seem better as it does not sit down near the wheel arch in that the CAI
    1) accumulates extra dirt (its closer to the road and wheel)
    2) Potential to suck water

On the other hand the CAI, as the name suggests intakes colder air than a SRI. Shakespeare tested the air intake temps some time and said they very close to ambient temperature, when in comparison the SRI is in the engine bay and generally sucking warmer air, which is a let down on a potential performance car.

As far as maintenance and installation goes the SRI would be better hands down. I think you initial comment SarcasticOne has fair merit, but again each to their own. I think the SRI is also cheaper? I wanted a neat pipe (mines matt black with a 'MPS' logo on it) which sucks cooler air.

Quote Originally Posted by arden View Post
    had mine since march and havent experienced any probs with my cp-e when drivin thru puddles. But im always paranoid on the sight of any large poolings of water especially along the side of roads during heavy rain.
    I've had mine longer, but its hasn't rained much so I haven't really had a good experience of how it performs. Like I mentioned I do have a guard on the wheel arch now which should help. I also have a K&N (oiled) filter which I have a theory that it will repel any water more so than the dry-flow filter which it may soak?

M P S

Your answer for water splash or dirt...
    http://mpsgarage.com.au/shop/product...re-filter.html

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Your answer for water splash or dirt...
    http://mpsgarage.com.au/shop/product...re-filter.html
    Thanks for the info Justin but a mate of mine has the same Pre filter on his CAI and still had problems, so I'm not 100% sure of its effectiveness. Not to mention it had holes in it when it arrived then he requested another one and I think that had holes in it too! I'm thinking of possibly making a guard sometime

M P S

Sort of hijacking here but I think Shakes made a guard out of some plastic stuff.. ill have a search for it and PM you.

*Edit, too late - here it is...

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/how-t...html#post41125
    Last edited by Jmac; 02-06-2010 at 06:53 PM.

Hi Infinite, while they're all blabbing on about induction stuff, I'll just say welcome. I know the feeling of waiting to have that car in your garage. I bought mine new late last year and had an aching jaw I was grinning so much on the way home.

For the record I'm getting a dump pipe (DP) installed in a few weeks, very exciting!

Congrats and enjoy!!!!

18. Default

pitty you sold Lancer and crossed over to the other side

But ive met a few of the Mazda guys (and BB ) all top people

Cool Mps rehab for turbo junkies u can checkout but u can never leave!!!!

To OZMPSClub the message is up there

Col

Thanks for the welcome! I picked up the car yesterday (in the pouring rain!) but miraculously as I got the the dealer the rain cleared up and gave me about an hour of dry roads to have a bit of fun. And wow! It's everything I hoped for The power is sick, comfortable as anything and the Bose system absolutely bumps!

Here's a couple of shots I took when I got home. Grey looks nice in the rain :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast