User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6MPS Exhaust options

That's awful Kev.

Wow! That's terribad......

Did the work-experience kid weld that??

Sorry for digging up an old thread.

I just purchased a mps 6 '06 model.
    Ad I very much like the 2xs pics of an exhaust. I would like to keep the standard mufflers. How much am I looking at for a similar set up as the one you did for "penguin" ?
    could I have a price for just the parts and also a price for parts + install?

Thanks in advance

@2xs ?

Quote Originally Posted by MitchMPS View Post
    Sorry for digging up an old thread.

I just purchased a mps 6 '06 model.
    Ad I very much like the 2xs pics of an exhaust. I would like to keep the standard mufflers. How much am I looking at for a similar set up as the one you did for "penguin" ?
    could I have a price for just the parts and also a price for parts + install?

Thanks in advance
    I'll be making a jig soon, so I can fabricate and sell the setup as pictured above.
    Because I do not have a 6 MPS to work with, I need a standard system.
    The standard system that I had organised was sent on a little holiday before it gets to me.
    When the standard system finally arrives, I'll update my website and Facebook page.
    Thanks.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

Excellent!! I was looking in the near future
    i look forward to the result

@2XS @kmh001

2xs, will this be as per the specs recommended at the 'Y' piece by kmh001 ("I recommend doing the DP as well, then go with a matching 3 inch pipe to the rear diff and use a 15 degree merge collector with a pair of 2.25 inch mandrel bent pipes swinging around to the mufflers")? Or will yours differ slightly?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Fully6mps View Post
    @2XS @kmh001

2xs, will this be as per the specs recommended at the 'Y' piece by kmh001 ("I recommend doing the DP as well, then go with a matching 3 inch pipe to the rear diff and use a 15 degree merge collector with a pair of 2.25 inch mandrel bent pipes swinging around to the mufflers")? Or will yours differ slightly?

Cheers

It will be a merge, just not as elaborate as KMH has suggested.
    It will be as per Penguin's pictures.
    The cost involved would be more than most wold like to pay for the suggested merge.
    It's all about a balance of cost Vs performance.
    There is always the option of getting more elaborate setups when making a purchase.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

Helpful post! Thanks
    Last edited by Rayd; 26-07-2013 at 07:41 AM.

Stickied

11. Default

http://youtu.be/_3yisdTISRw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well after having a long read through this thread I thought that I might mention what I have. I originally running a muffler delete for added sound over the standard system which has almost no sound except on startup. That was a bit tiny and sounded a little like a tractor or big diesel truck in the upto 2.5k rpm range but then opens up on boost to sound quite racey

I then purchased a @2XS Racing turbo manifold, dump pipe and 200 cell/micron high flow cat which I think is some awesome handy work from Troy Spedding @ 2XS. I I ran that setup with the 1 cat and standard exhaust and no mufflers cat back for about a week, before my neighbours started threatening to call the cops. They had already come round 12mths earlier when I did the muffler delete. I came home they were in the driveway waiting, heard me pull up and as I got out of my car they asked me if it was my car? I said yes, they said never mind have a great night! I said what's this about? they advised me that there had been a complaint but it was only wasting their time got me to rev my car once which I did subtly, they as I thought have a good night and left.

This time if they had of come round, instant defect. The car was soo loud that I got looks every where, almost racecar loud almost as if straight out headers lol, still quite quiet when warmed up idling, but then you touch the gas, boom wham straight in the chest and ears, awesome in tunnels lol people shitting everywhere but had to be fixed asap before losing my car

So I got a 3" cat back with a 3" into 2 1/2 y piece into 2 straight thru rockwall mufflers 2 1/2 out into my stainless 3"tips

The outcome was very surprising more power maybe do to having some back pressure, the 3" cat back or the y piece or maybe just the combination. The note is nice not very loud at all considering going up to 3" (aluminized steel) and only running 1 high flow cat plus 2 high flow mufflers

IMHO i think you don't need to be too scared of upgrading your exhaust (unless you go Cork Sport "my drone was soo loud my girlfriend turns up the stereo to drown out the drone lol just playing) but my girlfriend hates my loud exhaust as it was with only muffler delete, my loud home theatre system (unless watching something she likes lol, my sub and anything else lod but she does like my exhaust now and has no problem with it hope this helps

2XS Racing bit made by Troy Spedding and a pick of my engine bay mostly bits I picked up off troy also
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150418_134501.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	572.7 KB 
ID:	17367   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150422_163000.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	1,018.2 KB 
ID:	17366   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150406_142023.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	1.92 MB 
ID:	17368   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150502_134803.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	542.6 KB 
ID:	17369  

Hi @Yaji, would you be able to post some clips of the sound? I have never heard Rockwall mufflers at all, and am looking to do the exhaust some time on my mps6.
    Thanks

@ wsDKII this is without mufflers when i gave it a boot full

https://www.facebook.com/jay.rolfe.7...=2&theater

or try this Jay Rolfe - When I give it a boot

this is getting mufflers and 3" cat back added

Jay Rolfe - Bye bye loud exhaust

idle with no mufflers

Jay Rolfe - Why my neighbors wanna call the cops when I start my...

with rockwall mufflers

Jay Rolfe - New 3" on the back of 2XS 2XS Racing manifold, duel...

hope these links work and help

I dont think i have access to that facebook page....links dont work

Would you have a link to the specific rockwall mufflers as well? i cant seem to find any ones online that would work with a MPS 6.

thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12