User Tag List

Thread: New VW diesel roadster

1. Default New VW diesel roadster

This baby looks like its got the goods. Good competition for the MX-5

Behind the two sport seats of the 3.99 meter long Concept BlueSport, a 132 kW / 180 PS strong Clean Diesel (TDI) with common rail injection and downstream NOx storage catalytic converter delivers dynamic performance. A 6-speed DSG dual clutch transmission – the most economical and agile transmission system in the world – transfers power to the rear wheels. In just 6.6 seconds the sports car is moving at 100 km/h; its top speed is 226 km/h. Also having a positive impact on the car's low fuel consumption of just 4.3 l/100 km and reduced emissions are two technologies that are part of the so-called Eco mode: an automatic start-stop system and energy regeneration. Together they propel the Concept BlueSport to an additional fuel savings of up to 0.2 liter per 100 kilometers in city driving.

http://www.autobloggreen.com/2009/01...-mpg-roadster/
    Last edited by Wardski; 12-01-2009 at 09:32 AM.

Its got tones of style which is important to me while picking a car but by its numbers it lacks performace and I bet is expensive as!
    Last edited by Nirvandan; 12-01-2009 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    Its got tones of style which is important to me while picking a car but by its numbers it lacks performace and I bet is expensive as!
    Are you serious....it lacks performance...

You have an oil burner doing 0 - 100 in 6.6secs.

Its only really a smigen slower than our cars...and quicker than other hot hatches.

Seriously I think it has the goods, styling and is *green* ...so it will sell real well....sorry to say...but the MX-5 will need a makeover with technology...its held the benchmark for so long and hasnt really cared about improving.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Its top speed is pretty low me thinks.

Plus if it is as expensive or more as the other nice VWs then yes I reckon it lacks performance. Its fuel comsumption is pretty good though.

Though the diesel has tonnes of torque, it would have a very narrow power band and you would be constantly changing gears to keep the thing in the 'sweet spot'. A nice turbo petrol like the FSI 2.0 used in the Golf GTI would be more suitable i think..

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    Its top speed is pretty low me thinks.

Plus if it is as expensive or more as the other nice VWs then yes I reckon it lacks performance. Its fuel comsumption is pretty good though.
    Are you on drugs man, how often do you do 226km/hr?

That looks great, but I bet it's on the high side of $60K =(

Quote Originally Posted by Wardski View Post

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Well thats its top speed so for starters I doubt you will even get up to that speed with little effort unlike the MPS.
    ------------------------------ Double post merged ------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeev View Post
    That looks great, but I bet it's on the high side of $60K =(
    Exactly!
    Last edited by Nirvandan; 15-01-2009 at 03:32 AM. Reason: Double post merged
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

Looks good. And as per comments above, it'll be more expensive than it deserves to be.