User Tag List

Thread: Bluetooth is broken....

Default Bluetooth is broken....

Anyone had any problems with a 2010 MPS bluetooth? Not able to find the car with any phone after it worked fine for over a week.

It can have little hiccups every now and then, just remove whatever pairing you have, then try again.

Late last year I booked my car in for its 20 000km service; at about the same time my HTC Magic telephone received an OTA update from Android 1.6 to 2.2. After I got the car back I found I no longer had an active Bluetooth pairing... I deleted the connection on both the telephone and in the car but now I can't repair them. Any suggestions?

Sorry mate, I can't really help you here. As Jase (LittleredMPS) said above, I've had the odd hiccup from time to time, but that's probably more related to my phone than the bluetooth in the car itself (iphone bluetooth gets its knickers in a knot every once in a blue moon)

I've never had to re-pair them though, and that would have been my first suggestion had you not tried it already.

My guess would be that Google have maybe messed with the Bluetooth stack somewhere between 1.6 and 2.2. Maybe try going back to 2.0/2.1 to see if the issue is still there, and researching on Android from that point on?

Cheers,

Dan
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Make sure the cable is plugged in...

This issue has returned -- the car's Bluetooth module seems to be playing up. When I try to use any of the BT functions in the car using the audio control knob, it says "CONNECTING". I can't view, change or delete pairings, and I can't view the car's BT device info. Any suggestions?