User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: From Honda to 3 MPS

1. Default From Honda to 3 MPS

Hey guys,

How you going? My name is Ricki. Some of you guys may know me from other forums, or maybe not!

I currently drive a Honda Integra Type R (DC2), which is being parted out and soon will be sold. I'll miss it ALOT, but anyways... i've decided to get a 2008 Mazda 3 MPS Sports. So hopefully i'll have my ass in the drivers seat of a nice clean one in the next couple of months.

Anyways, I have driven the car once, and loved every second of it, but admitedly don't know much about it, or turbos in general. I've always been a NA is best Honda fan boi
    So please go easy on my and really nooby questions!

Hope to see you guys around.

Cheers,

Ricki.

2. Default

Welcome Ricki, wow going from a high revving little beast to an MPS

Good lucking in finding one that ticks all your boxes.

Where abouts in NSW are you ? We have a cruise on next sunday (6th) to Bowral for lunch maybe you can come along and talk to some of the guys about their MPS3's

Hope you enjoy it here, you most certainly will enjoy your MPS
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

Welcome to the real world

4. Default

Thanks Blackbetty.

Yeah it's going to be weird not to be revving to 8500RPM. lol. The DC2R was a great car, and ended up managing a 1.10.73 at Wakefield with a stock motor and gearbox, with bolt ons and a tune.
    The MPS will not be tracked though, but i'm going to TRY to leave it stock. haha. We'll see how long that lasts though. Already scoped out the Autoexe, and MazdaSpeed parts So i'm sure i'll grab a Intake, and some springs, as this car will be a street car.

I would have loved to come for the cruise to meet some of you guys and ask some questions, but I have exams around that time. I will be sure to come to the next one though

I had a 2005 Type-S, not as hardcore as a DC2R, but a great car anyway. I loved the feeling the car offered and the lust for revs. You are going to a fairly different beast. Hope it suits.

Cool Mps rehab for turbo junkies u can checkout but u can never leave!!!!

To OZMPSClub the message is up there the real world enjoy

Col

Yeh Welcome Ricki. I looked and test drove a 2008 type r in black nice car actually a beautiful car but the MPS 3 won hands down... Enjoy when you get it... Buy a True Red one

Welcome Ricki.

Hope you enjoy the change from revs to brute power. Going to be a learning experience for you I think lol.

9. Default

A massive learning experience for sure. Can't wait to learn about turbo's and how to drive them. Going to be a different ball game!!

I don't know any one with an MPS that tracks one, just wondering what are they capable of at say Wakefield stock and lightly modded?

Also, been looking at 2007 and 2008 MPS, tthe only differences I can see are the seats? The 2007 is Grey centre with Black leather sides?, and the 2008 is an all black seat? Is this right, or a just a coincidence??

welcome mate i came from a EP3 to a MPS and love it i do miss the vtec though but yeah non the less MPS rocks!!! ahahaha

11. Default

Man I loved your EP3, if it's the one i'm thinking of.

Yeah i'm freaking excited to get one now... can't wait.

HI and welcome. i never knew much about turbo cars, but i quickly worked it out. as for leavig it stock i said the same thing ...i lasted a few weeks before exhaust than pannel filter.. THAN I WAS HOOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! good luck and im sure you will enjoy it here

13. Default

If I don't track it, i'll leave it stock. I'm not a fan of modding a car for the street. But yeahhhh... we'll see, i'll probably track it.

OHHH I have to come up with a new Username aswelll. haha.

Welcome to the Forum enjoy your new ride too

try coming from a corolla to a 3MPS
    ive had my 3MPS for about 4 weeks now (a 08' MPS sports) so will try and give you a perspective of the difference between a NA engine and the turbo.... (have been in, but never driven a VTEC engine)
    the things i've found is that it will pull strongly from about 2500-3000 rpm very happily, and unlike a VTEC engine, it does it's best work from 2500-5500 rather than the 5000-6500 area
    you can get your crazy laggy turbo's, (WRX/EVO) but the MPS is designed to be more for mid-range grunt (kinda V8-ish)

the other thing is, i rarely use more than 1/2 throttle, it gains speed so easily, that i never really feel the need to floor it!

oh, and slight warning, if you floor it to 60 in 2nd, then drop back to 3rd/4th.... you can get a bit of a boost dump, which can be interesting...

Welcome, nice time around Wakefield too BTW.

You might pick up a couple of secs extra around there, but in reality not much that you'll notice given it's a handling circuit.

Tip - avoid Autoexe for go fast bits unless you like giving money away. Check MPS Garage locally, rpmstore.com, protegegarage.com and streetunit.com in the US for go fast bits. Have a look around here too so you can see what works and what doesn't. Enjoy the MPS experience!

Ricki, enjoy the forums and your MPS when you get it! You could go from VTECMachine to MPSTorqueMonster!!

Welcome Ricki,

Know the feeling of Vtec to turbo. My dad's a Honda fan so all I drove in my younger years were essentially VTEC cars. Turbo's a way difference for me and I like it better. Just didnt have to keep the high revs going as the guys have said...the grunt is available from 2500 onwards...

Hope you find a good example and make it your own

Good to see someone converted from VTEC to turbo!! I was also a big fan of VTEC until i found my turbo fix haha i dont think i would ever go back now

Quote Originally Posted by VTECMACHINE View Post
    A massive learning experience for sure. Can't wait to learn about turbo's and how to drive them. Going to be a different ball game!!

I don't know any one with an MPS that tracks one, just wondering what are they capable of at say Wakefield stock and lightly modded?

Also, been looking at 2007 and 2008 MPS, tthe only differences I can see are the seats? The 2007 is Grey centre with Black leather sides?, and the 2008 is an all black seat? Is this right, or a just a coincidence??
    Upgraded series 2 model some 07 & 08 plated MPS3, nicer interior.... otherwise just the same....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast