User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Front Number Plate holder removed

I'm concerned more people out there aren't removing the mole on their bumpers. Come on people, show us you're surgery.

I agree Brad,

I got rid of the mole holding my number plate to my gen 2 a couple of months ago. I did however take the easy road (thanks for the heads up a while ago Dan) and like Leelu and Caff picked up a pair of Lakin plate covers. Makes the whole customisation of the front bar so much easier i think.

Here's a couple of before and after shots so ppl can get an idea of what it's all about and how much neater it all looks...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stock.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	8279   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sticky dots.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	8280   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Finished 2.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	8281   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Finished 1.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	85.7 KB 
ID:	8282  

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    I'm concerned more people out there aren't removing the mole on their bumpers. Come on people, show us you're surgery.
    You did hear me lay the law down a couple if weeks ago to a certain Emo Gen 2 owner

This is a mod every Gen 2 owner should def do imo.

Sent from my iPhone by LeeTapatalk =P
    Last edited by Leelu; 18-04-2011 at 09:05 PM.
    GENII 2009 MPS VR POV PACK | TIPS THANKS TO MAZDA3MPS (IAN) | KUMHO KU36 235/40/18 TYRES | PRIMA PAINT PROTECTION BY ZAS | LAKIN CUSTOM PLATES | MPS & OZMPSCLUB.COM BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DECALS (THEY COUNT AS MODS RIGHT?)| WISHLIST...60 DURO REAR ENGINE MOUNT | RIMS PAINTED/GT RIMS

Quote Originally Posted by MPSed View Post
    I agree Brad,

I got rid of the mole holding my number plate to my gen 2 a couple of months ago. I did however take the easy road (thanks for the heads up a while ago Dan) and like Leelu and Caff picked up a pair of Lakin plate covers. Makes the whole customisation of the front bar so much easier i think.

Here's a couple of before and after shots so ppl can get an idea of what it's all about and how much neater it all looks...
    Lookin' good

GENII 2009 MPS VR POV PACK | TIPS THANKS TO MAZDA3MPS (IAN) | KUMHO KU36 235/40/18 TYRES | PRIMA PAINT PROTECTION BY ZAS | LAKIN CUSTOM PLATES | MPS & OZMPSCLUB.COM BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DECALS (THEY COUNT AS MODS RIGHT?)| WISHLIST...60 DURO REAR ENGINE MOUNT | RIMS PAINTED/GT RIMS

Very nice Andrew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Leelu View Post
    You did hear me lay the law down a couple if weeks ago to a certain Emo Gen 2 owner
    this mod will happen to "said" MPS owners car in time.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

Leelu
    Lookin' good
    Caffeine Fiend
    Very nice Andrew
    An its all thanks to you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by MPSed View Post
    Leelu

Caffeine Fiend

An its all thanks to you guys!
    Happy to help make a sexy Aluminium MPS even sexier .

What she said ^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's the method/technique people are using to remove the factory bracket...?

Drilled out the rivets. Then it just popped off.

Does this technique leave possibilities to refit the bracket should there be a need?

Quote Originally Posted by MUZZA View Post
    Does this technique leave possibilities to refit the bracket should there be a need?
    Haven't thought about it. You would need the right size rivets. Shouldn't be too hard to refit.

Troy is thinking of rigging up a better solution.
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

I handed my Lakin kit over to the car yard and they did mine. Did such a good job that they obviously didn't use the bits that came with the kit and the nut they used on the left side came loose. Had to go to Bunnings in search of a new nut and bolt to refit it myself.

Didn't think about keeping factory bracket at the time, oops .

Sent from my iPhone by Leetapatalk =P

Same as above. I can't think of an instance where I'd realistically want to refit the old bracket

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

This is what I purchased for my GF's NC MX5, it had this big ugly black plastic square ting that looked stupid specially with slimline plates, not sure if something like this might work on an MPS???

MX5 Plus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12