User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Meth/H20 Injection

Wow, this is one of the best jobs i've seen. Very neat, will take a very keen eye to spot this naughtiness!

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    Sorry to dig up an old thread, but i would like to send my thanks to @Nepharius for showing me this idea, i had planned to tap my water resovoir for my WMI but this worked out better!

a few pics:

Installed water/meth tank (from old air resonator) pic shows float switch (for low level sensing) abit of the tank and the drainage tap.

Low meth level flashing red LED indicator:

Tapped and fitted nozel into intercooler (cold side) - mounted as far from throttle body as possible to allow adequate vaporisation before entering combustion chamber.

Engine bay tank snorkel extended and expanded using capped PVC fitting:

On - Off switch for whole kit (Red switch on right)

Hey Ray, It's not 100% clear to me. Are you mounting the reservoir within this resonator box thingy? Then the black pvc capped pipe goes into the reservoir? Also does anyone know if the 3's have this same box for this steathy mod??
    2007 MPS3

Default Meth/H20 Injection

Quote Originally Posted by newmaz View Post
    Hey Ray, It's not 100% clear to me. Are you mounting the reservoir within this resonator box thingy? Then the black pvc capped pipe goes into the reservoir? Also does anyone know if the 3's have this same box for this steathy mod??

I'm actually using the resonator as the reservoir .
    The black PVC pipe attaches to the top of the resonator so I can fill it from the engine bay.

Im not sure if the 3 has the same kind of setup though
    Last edited by Rayd; 12-09-2012 at 05:16 PM.

4. Default

Wow, that's a novel idea. I wonder how the plastic will react with the alcohol. Is it a good seal? How long have you been using the system? Do you reckon it'll last?

Default Meth/H20 Injection

Quote Originally Posted by newmaz View Post
    Wow, that's a novel idea. I wonder how the plastic will react with the alcohol. Is it a good seal? How long have you been using the system? Do you reckon it'll last?
    I think it's working fine to be honest, only had it in for a week but I took the bumper off yesterday to check on everything and so far to good. No leaks.
    @Nepharius has had his in the same location for a while now, so maybe he can chime in.

Main culprit I had for a leak was the small hole already in the resonator. I plugged that with a bolt and some pipe sealant stuff, I think it leaks a tiny bit but thats not the things fault, thats my terrible job of sealing it. It's been two years though and I haven't noticed any huge issues. As for the plastic reacting, way i figure it the metho came in a plastic bottle and is twice as concentrated and half as thick, so this thing should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Nepharius View Post
    Main culprit I had for a leak was the small hole already in the resonator. I plugged that with a bolt and some pipe sealant stuff, I think it leaks a tiny bit but thats not the things fault, thats my terrible job of sealing it. It's been two years though and I haven't noticed any huge issues. As for the plastic reacting, way i figure it the metho came in a plastic bottle and is twice as concentrated and half as thick, so this thing should be fine.
    i thought the exact thing :P

and for the record.... i plugged the hole with two 5c coins and a bunch of silicone :P

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12