User Tag List

Thread: How do I Correct Scangauge II Problem?

Default How do I Correct Scangauge II Problem?

When on my recent rip to Sydney/back I wanted to use the trip/fuel functions of my Scangauge II. I noticed that when I filled up that the part where you tell it how many litres you put in was adjusting painfully slowly and showing something like 300-litres. I gave up it was sooo slooow... Then when I selected the instantaneous litres/100klm display it was giving very odd looking results. Way high. Like showing 34 l/100klm when simply cruising in 6th.
    So seems something has gotten screwed up somehow. I wondered if it might have been when it was disconnected earlier in the year during reapirs.
    Anyone seen this before and got an idea how to correct this? Other functions seem OK.
    Cheers, Clarry
    Mods: MazdaSpeed CAI, Blue Callipers, Custom Striping ("whiskers"), Garmin Nuvi 760, ScanGauge II, MPS FloorMats

Try doing a factory reset and then reconfiguring again, should fix the problem..

I've just been looking to try and find out how to do the factory reset. I am assuming that it is the menu item "USE DEFAULTS". So anyway I tried that and that then had to put back all the various settings. So when I next drive I'll see what happens I guess.
    Thanks kblume.

Yeah "use defaults" = Factory reset. Hopefully it fixes your problem..

Thanks kblume. I did this and looks like the problem is solved. Now getting believable instantaneous lt/100km readings. Have yet to see if the problem with selecting the litres on fill-up is corrected. But I'd have to say looks good now.