User Tag List

Thread: Ebay 225/40/18 Toyo Proxes

STGeorge Tyres FTW

Anyone on this forum had these tyres previously and if so would you buy them again? They appear to be a directional tyre and just wondering if they're a noisy tyre? Would they be a direct replacement for a MPS 3 Sports tyre (215/45/18) just for everyday use on my wifes Maxx Sport? (Which has MPS 3 rims on it by the way). Any info on the above would helpful, thanks!

Check this review Toyo Proxes 4 Tyres Reviews Australia www.toyo.com.au

Especially this comment "Cons: 3 out of four tyre developed bubbles on inside walls in the same area, causing it to blow out. The rims have cracked on the inside 12 inches from the bubbles"

I think it says it all.

Regards,

Leon

I've had two sets of these on my MPS in this size. I generally avoid directional tyres, but made an exception for these because they don't have the usual disadvantages of a directional tyre. Probably because the tread pattern is only slightly directional. They are not as good as a Pirelli or Michelin, but I'm happy to recommend these as a middle order tyre.

5. Default

These would be one of the worst tyres Toyo have ever released.
    But when compared to a maxxis, kumho or hankook which are all similar in price than the Toyo is still superior in quality.
    You get what you pay for

Thanks guys for your replies, I might leave them off the shopping list for the minute and see what else comes along.

It all depends on what you want to spend