User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: DIY Front Lip Mazda 6 MPS (Rubber Garage Door Seal Type)

1. Default

looks really nice ill be heading to clark rubber on the weekend to purchase some of this. will upload a pic once ive done it

Quote Originally Posted by markrx3 View Post
    looks really nice ill be heading to clark rubber on the weekend to purchase some of this. will upload a pic once ive done it
    Sweet, keen to see the result!

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Just saw this on ebay. Not sure on the fit but its a fairly cheap price anyway...

2004-2006 MAZDA 6 FRONT BUMPER LIP SPOILER BODYKIT PU | eBay

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by A Pirate View Post
    Ive been wanting to do this for ages (over 12 months) but cannot find the rubber to suit...my local 2 clark rubber donot have the rubber nor does bunning mitre10 and few other places ive tried.
    Like A Pirate, I cannot find a suitable rubber to use. My local Clark Rubber store has the type Toddy used, but they want $21.95 a metre.... uhh. Also, the fact my front bumper is currently 110mm off the ground doesn't help.

The lip-structure Rogwick used would be perfect, alas the soft rubber bit is the only thing holding me back from buying it. I might have to go to our clients warehouse (garage door company) to have a look-see. Will report back if I find something good.

I used 3M tape for my lip all the way, didn't need any screws! And it's holding there like super glue

I used silicone for the middle and screws for the sides, still on the same Lip since install about mid day 15-05-2010 (the first post to this thread)
    Haven't had an issue

7. Default

Well I finally found a lip I like...

front lip spoiler wrx sti subaru forester mitsubishi evo parts

Problem is, they're not for the MPS! It's the third one down, "STI STYLE FRONT LIP"

Anyhow the company is in Perth so I've sent them an email with a proposition to use a Perth members' MPS3 and MPS6 to formulate something for us. Let's see what they say

edit: I wonder if the STi Style lip will fit ours with some modifications... hmm. Kind of like how Integra lips fit on S15s.

Looks pretty cool and if the price is similar its not too bad if they can come up with an MPS LIP.

Let us know how you go

9. Default

Damn you reply fast!

Yeah I'm hoping for sub $150 as introductory pricing... I may be dreaming though. I'll check who else in Sydney can fab up a lip.

edit: I may just end up spending $15 and getting the one you used from amazon.com. All depends on if adding new tyres stops me scrapping the front T plastic piece (under the front bumper) on medium road dips. I never used to have this issue before with the 215/45s... 5mm change in profile makes one hell of a difference.
    Last edited by laser beam; 07-10-2011 at 01:29 PM.

10. Default

okie dokey, received a reply back from ultrex... they're happy to do custom fitting with their current lips as they're a close fit, but if we want a MPS-specific lip made up, we'd need at least 20 for a group buy. So... make a new thread?

If any MPS6 owner is keen for one now, please let me know as I'd rather just buy one of their current lips and modify it to fit, pending it works on your car.

Yeah I reckon make a new thread to engage more interest. People may over look this thread

Thought if give this a bump and post my toddys lip. This is only with 3m automotive tape at the moment, no screws. I'm quite happy with it, was a bitch to position this tough rubber, though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329713975.758233.jpg 
Views:	326 
Size:	62.0 KB 
ID:	10443   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329713989.159421.jpg 
Views:	319 
Size:	63.5 KB 
ID:	10444   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329714001.870314.jpg 
Views:	266 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	10445   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329714033.799592.jpg 
Views:	339 
Size:	63.3 KB 
ID:	10446  
    Last edited by dazza; 20-02-2012 at 03:03 PM.

Looks great mate, you may find you might need some screws when/if the tape starts to fail. This Lip (on a lowered MPS) tends to scrape a bit which might cause a bit of movement and loosen the Lip. See how you go

Good work though! Nice to see a bump on this thread with another Lip done!

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    Looks great mate, you may find you might need some screws when/if the tape starts to fail. This Lip (on a lowered MPS) tends to scrape a bit which might cause a bit of movement and loosen the Lip. See how you go

Good work though! Nice to see a bump on this thread with another Lip done!
    Yep planning on screwing it in soon, it's not lowered yet though so its ok.. Looks great after some tyre gel put on!

Last edited by dazza; 20-02-2012 at 03:24 PM.
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

Nice work mate

Sorry if it's already been mentioned, but how flexible is the front lip?
    I'm thinking of doing this mod in the next few months, i think it looks
    really aggressive for minimal outlay, the only thing i'm worried about
    is excessive scrapping and tearing the bar off (it's happened already)
    Cheers Todd

Which Lip mate? The one mentioned above (Toddy's) or the one I have?

Just quickly, both flex and bend if/when you hit something. I'd try not to make it a habit though as the Lip above (Toddy's) looks a bit ugly with scrapes on it. Last time I was in the car with Toddy in a multi-level carpark it scraped on every level we went up (the ramp) Doing no damage to the front bar or anything, just bending the rubber lip that's all. You'll know if/when you go have a look to buy the stuff, its pretty flexible in your hands.

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Do you have a link to the one you got?
    Happy enough with my one but it's quite 'small' :

I didn't buy from here but same thing...Funny enough, the guy/gal is using pics of my car to advertise the product...fair nuff lol

Ebay rubber Lip

I was actually thinking to see if I can get an Sti Lip to fit...still thinking about it

I would love an Sti lip if it fit!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast