User Tag List

Thread: Little things with the MPS3

Default Little things with the MPS3

Had my MPS3 for nearly 4,000km brought it when is had 41,xxx km on the clock. Since purchase i've noticed a annoying little rattle happening from the centre console area seems to be coming from the drink holder area but cant find what it is only happens over slightly rough roads, or worse.

Also recently i've noticed when i stop after a little drive after being stationary for sub 5 seconds there is a weird noise that comes from the rear end, it sounds like suspension, its hard to explain but it sounds sorta like a spring that pop's back into place. It's a thud then like resonates for a quick second. Only happened in last 2, 3 weeks.

Concerning brakes should the fronts be due to change cause they feel fine, but after a cruise the front brakes have been squeaking from under about 15km/h, whats the problem there? is it just the rotors are dirty or do i need to replace?

Wasn't needing a service for another 4,000 km but i was recently going through service book and realized that last service was over a year ago , Mazda said they serviced before they gave it to me and since i brought it in early March i assumed the September date was for this September coming not for the one last year! Also found out last service was done at 35,000km , my poor MPS.

If i mention above problems to Mazda would they be able to fix it? or will they say they'll have a look at just charge me for nothing? was going to provide the Oil and Filter for the service too, which filter do they use?

Thanks for any help
    James

as for the centre consol rattle try holding teh hand brake button. i found my hand brake button rattled.

as for the spring, when it pops does it ring for a second? if it rings the spring might have a seatting problem( maybe the rubber is missing or worn)

as for teh brakes check the wear. i put new ceramic brakes and on and it went ( the brakes were low on teh front)

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

i also found a rattle coming from teh rear view mirror, rattling on teh window... 2 bits of card board done the trick between window and plastic
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Cool thanks mate, i'll try the hand break thing , the sound from the rear is more like a tuunggg lol if that helps, i read somewhere on the forums maybe the rear sway bar is loose.

Whats the natural camber on the MPS too? all my potenza's seem to be wearing on the outside more then inside.

^^ What he said, also for the popping noise with rear suspension, im putting my money on the rear swaybar being loose.

The rattle could also be the seat belt sign behind the review.. when you hear the sound just push it towards the windscreen and see if that fixes it.

My brakes squeal too, though I think its the pads im using

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Had my MPS3 for nearly 4,000km brought it when is had 41,xxx km on the clock. Since purchase i've noticed a annoying little rattle happening from the centre console area seems to be coming from the drink holder area but cant find what it is only happens over slightly rough roads, or worse.
    mine does that as well, it's annoying, and dangerous (only happens when driving) until i worked out what it was
    for me it's the seatbelt clip thingy, it appears to be movement in the holder(at least for me), i moved my driving position to something a little more comfortable, and it turns out it's exactly the right angle to cause it to rattle... wondering what i can do about it as well
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Wasn't needing a service for another 4,000 km but i was recently going through service book and realized that last service was over a year ago , Mazda said they serviced before they gave it to me and since i brought it in early March i assumed the September date was for this September coming not for the one last year! Also found out last service was done at 35,000km , my poor MPS.
    well, the services need to be done 10,000 or 6 months, people usually go with the odometer reading... i know i would struggle to do 5,000k's in 6 months, (not counting trips from syd to bris and back...)