User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RHD gauge pods for MPS 6 and 3

Default RHD gauge pods for MPS 6 and 3

Think I may have found a solution to the RHD gauge pod issue.

While most people know that you cant get a dash 3 mount pod for RHD anywhere, figures, there may be an affordable custom solution.

I just came across this place.

www.gaugepods.com // Lotek Inc.

Naturally its o/s, but they already do mps 6 and 3 LHD dash pods, so they dont need samples to make a mould.

They also do limited runs ie: 20 or greater, which is bugger all really.

The real kicker is the price, it might be in US dollars, but its stuff all.

Now I dont know about the 3 dash pod, but the mps 6 one looks pretty damned good.

Dont need one myself, but thought I might put it out there for the community.

***Correction to this thread, didnt realise that CPE do a RHD pod for the 3 but not for the 6.***
    Last edited by RadiantKnackers; 16-05-2010 at 06:50 PM.
    MPS is gone. Ghey Trail enabled....Not Happy. MPS 6 to come

Link appears to be dead ... actually site appears to be dead. I think I killed it. Sorry guys.

The link is working.

I didn't think we could have a-pillar mounted gauges due to the airbags?

www.gaugepods.com // Lotek Inc.

only problem is the way they are mounted.. I dont want to screw into my dash.. the CPE unit is a direct replacement for the stock panel.

I have a CPE unit and a guy the other day said he didn't realise that theMazda3 came from the factory with the pod fitted!

I have sent them an e-mail and await their reply.
    You don't have to use screws, that is the "free/no charge option" you can also choose the "silicon/clamps" option although I would use windscreen sealat as it is can be removed at a later date far more easily than silicon.
    Even easier would be double sided sticky Velcro tape.

Have to agree with Alan, after looking at his, the CPE pod does look "factory"

And definately better than piller mount. That would annoy the hell out of me. Big A pillers (because of airbags) is my single most hated thing about modern cars. If that airbag wasn't there i would probably see the car that is about to hit me giving me the need for that airbag

The CPE is a direct dash replacement. Dont get me wrong though this does look like a sweet alternative, esp at this price!

Ok, I sent them an email and although they are willing to do a 3 gauge pod in RHD form for the MPS6 they need and initial order of 40 units, it would seem that is the end of that lead

just bumping this up for those who might be interested.

theres a guy that makes the defrost vent gauge pod single and dual gauges. check out the thread here Mazdas247.com

I'll be getting one even though I haven't got a gauge yet lol. I will post up some pics when I get it.

prices are reasonable. think single gauges are avail for only 3 gen1. dual gauges seems to be avail for 3 gen1 and 2. MPS 6 gauges are also avail

All prices are USD and you need to add US$10 for shipping

Single gauge (M3/MS3-M6/MS6-Rx-8)
    $65 for 60mm
    $70 for 52mm

Dual gauge (Mazda6/MS6 and RX8 /MS3" 1rst and 2nd gen)
    $105 for 60mm-60mm
    $110 for 60mm-52mm
    $115 for 52mm-52mm

I sent an email to the Gent who makes the Vent Gauge pods, he can do RHD for all the vehicles except the 2nd Gen 3 MPS, this is because the vents on the 2nd gen are not interchangeable with the LHD & the RHD, he said he could make it for me but I would need to order 5 or more and send him the Vents cause they are not available for the RHD model in the USA. So I decided to make my own, it cost almost as much as he is charging cause its a one off. Now just waiting for one gauge to come from the USA and ill put it in.

yea sucks for you gen 2 guys. you'll be the envy of all gen2 owners jnt

Quote Originally Posted by lup15 View Post
    yea sucks for you gen 2 guys. you'll be the envy of all gen2 owners jnt
    Ill put up some photo's when I install it of before installed out of the car and after installed with gauges in. cheers!

Sorry to dig up an old thread but I contacted Lotek about the RHD triple gauge pod for an MPS6 and he said it wasn't available.

No way we're getting the minimum order of 40 is there

Damn, so who has pods made for gen 2s?? custom??

i know this is a bit of an incredibly old thread, but i was hunting on google and came accross this thread and wanted to share this for anyone still wanting centre gauge pods, but can't because all they can find are LHD ones and no RHD ones, these are universal. i'm not sure if they leave the storage area still acessible though, but i've sent a message to the seller to find out, but it looks the goods and i would definitely get one if it lets me keep my storage space

Still no gen 2 luck... :[

i'm getting the triple gauge pod that i have designed and prototyped up for the 6 mps, its a full dash pocket refit - nothing just stuck on top, put into ABS plastic very soon, i'll post up pics when the first one in plastic. The first run will be 10 units only

Photos of prototype - http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/how-t...tml#post225002
    Last edited by Axspeed6; 11-11-2012 at 10:22 AM.

Does that mean yours will keep the storage area accessible? From the pics it looks like you're using the storage space as a housing to the pods, i'd love gauges there, but it'd be even better if we could still keep that storage space, lol

i have a boot, centre cosole and a glove box for storage. I never had a storage compartment there as my 6 is the lux model with the oem sat nav there, also the attachable ones generally dont fit that well eg speedline or they're butt ugly like the cp-e style units, they could also detach themselves during an accident possibly causing injury and on bright sunny days you cant even read your gauges if they're digital due to the sun glare

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast